Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My poor 2019 in for an oil leak...

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
man... they're are scrotum deep in it.

yikes... unless the tech is worth a crap.
then, less yikes.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
That was something I've talked to my guy about several times and he's a big fan of just pulling the cab if he's got to do more serious work on any of the big 3. Easier to get around the engine, easier to get a solid look at what hes working on, and easier to make sure he's got everything buttoned up before the cab goes back on. Former Navy mechanic that's meticulous with details so I trust him a lot more than most dealerships to pull a cab, but it's more common than you think. If its easier for the guy to work on it he's likely going to have an easier time doing a better job. That said a lot of his money making work is high mileage or someone did something stupid engine rebuilds so he's got cabs in the air every time I see him.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That was something I've talked to my guy about several times and he's a big fan of just pulling the cab if he's got to do more serious work on any of the big 3. Easier to get around the engine, easier to get a solid look at what hes working on, and easier to make sure he's got everything buttoned up before the cab goes back on. Former Navy mechanic that's meticulous with details so I trust him a lot more than most dealerships to pull a cab, but it's more common than you think. If its easier for the guy to work on it he's likely going to have an easier time doing a better job. That said a lot of his money making work is high mileage or someone did something stupid engine rebuilds so he's got cabs in the air every time I see him.
Much faster/ easier to pull the cab.

CTF2019

Reaction score
Much faster/ easier to pull the cab.

Having pulled the entire front of my truck apart for the cam and lifter swap, I agree.

And will you look at that, someone else has the same red/brown truck as I do.
My 2019 mega cab is at the dealership for an oil leak between the block & timing case, and also for the CP4 recall. Hard to see it in this state...View attachment 50624

g00fy

Reaction score
I just noticed my 2019 with 35k on it has a very mild oil leak coming from behind the Crank pulley... I'm hoping it's doesn't turn into a mess like this.

Users who are viewing this thread