Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2022 RAM 3500 Nightmare

Firebird

Reaction score
Man, that sucks, definitely a miserable experience. I ditched my 2021 3500 in October, and went back to a 6.4. The emissions issues on these 2019+ trucks are just insane! Not only that, but after paying what a Cummins costs, we shouldn't have to pay thousands more dollars to make them run right. If I ever go back diesel, I'll look for a 2018 with a G56

JimKIII

Reaction score
That's a terrible experience you're having with Rairden's in Monroe. I live in Fall City and have taken my truck to Rairdon's in Kirkland (Totem Lake). I have no complaints with them. So far they've been top notch, have been quite responsive and quick will all appointments. In fact, right now my truck is in their shop with a failed transmission valve body. This is definitely a warranty issue and seems to be extremely rare for this 8-speed. Anyway, it took three weeks for their transmission techs to get to it, which isn't that long compared to some of the complaints posted here. Up to this point (only 26,000 miles) my truck has run flawlessly. To have the valve body go south with so few miles concerns me for sure. But since it seems very rare for this tranny, I'm hoping once it's replaced the all will be well for many moons to come. (fingers crossed). Here's to hoping that the Kirkland shop runs better than the Monroe one.

JimKIII

Reaction score
@ NewGtGUY - Yeah I've stayed clear of Rairdons and took my business to Enumclaw cjd as I also live in WA. Much better lower key experience. Smaller dealership and the staff are pleasant w/low turnover. I think there are decent dealerships out there and some that are a bunch of dbags that you need to stay clear of. Unfortunate experience.
What is Enumclaw cjd? I know where Enumclaw is, just not what the cjd refers to.

jetrinka

Reaction score
That sucks OP. We used the same dealer for my truck and the buying experience was great. I have had to repair a few things on my rig but nothing major - I pretty much refuse to let dealers touch my things....

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The $10K markup should have been a big red flag since your price is locked in when you place an order. Greedy/shady dealership, with a crappy service department sucks!

I grew up in Duvall but didn’t own a Dodge/Ram until after moving away, so no input for better dealership to try out.

jebruns

Reaction score
The $10K markup should have been a big red flag since your price is locked in when you place an order. Greedy/shady dealership, with a crappy service department sucks!
Agreed, just greed. MSRP went up on my 22 between ordering and the dealer getting it in. There was never a word about the increase from the dealer (Granger). Price was still $14k below the agreed on MSRP from when the order was placed.

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
@ NewGtGUY - Yeah I've stayed clear of Rairdons and took my business to Enumclaw cjd as I also live in WA. Much better lower key experience. Smaller dealership and the staff are pleasant w/low turnover. I think there are decent dealerships out there and some that are a bunch of dbags that you need to stay clear of. Unfortunate experience.
Thanks for letting me know. It's been difficult to get an honest answer out of Rairdon for basically anything. Super frustrating! Never again!

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Quick update gang. So, I got the truck back Friday afternoon after almost 2 weeks. The part came in last Monday and Rairdon's let it sit in the lot for 5 days before starting any work (I personally witnessed this). Turned out to be about a 4-5 hour job. New turbo is installed and all is back on track. We will see what gift this RAM will provide next.

Rairdon's had the nerve to send me a survey with the following text, "This survey effects me personally. So if there is any issue, please call me first before providing the feedback via the survey." What the hell is the point of a survey if you don't want me to fill it out honestly??? :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for all the support!

flan

Reaction score
Rairdon's had the nerve to send me a survey with the following text, "This survey effects me personally. So if there is any issue, please call me first before providing the feedback via the survey." What the hell is the point of a survey if you don't want me to fill it out honestly??? :rolleyes:
Drop the hammer on them.

Units

Reaction score
Quick update gang. So, I got the truck back Friday afternoon after almost 2 weeks. The part came in last Monday and Rairdon's let it sit in the lot for 5 days before starting any work (I personally witnessed this). Turned out to be about a 4-5 hour job. New turbo is installed and all is back on track. We will see what gift this RAM will provide next.

Anyway, thanks for all the support!
Pretty sure that’s your “service advisor” looking for a good customer service review. Not 100% sure how that works for them, my “service advisor” told me I’d get one of those and asked if I would give her 5 stars. I gave an honest review . ;)

Guido Scamardo

Reaction score
Hello all.

In 2021 I ordered a fully loaded (every option but the backup alarm) 2022 RAM 3500 Limited. I took possession in April of 2022 after waiting about 9 months. During this time, the dealer raised the price of the truck $10k. Since then, owning this rig has turned into a nightmare. In the past year and a half, the number of recalls and check engine lights I got is unbelievable. Also, my purchase experience at Rairdon's Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Monroe, WA was horrible. They lied about many things to sell add-on products like a ****ty, non-Mopar, extended warranty, even though they represented it as the official Mopar warranty. They lied about the factory warranty saying after 36K miles NOTHING is covered. Lies, lies, lies. Thank God I was able to get the money I spent on these items back.

So basically, I spent $110k cash on a truck that IMO is a piece of ****! Thus, I'm a little pissed. Within the first few months, I got several check engine lights. These were mostly associated with the stupid emissions system. I would take the rig into the dealer to get things checked out/fixed, only to have the CEL come on again in the parking lot as I was leaving. It's been back to the dealer about 6-8 times in the past year. At this point I now have my own ODB2 scanner so I can send screen shots of the codes in advance to the dealer before I go in. The last time I was there, the service rep told me, "Yup! We see that code all the time. We don't know what it is. Just clear it!" Unbelievable! This particular code, which I still get, is P2459 (Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Frequency). I'm also constantly getting P2609 (Intake Air Heater System Performance). The truck just passed 36,000 miles. :rolleyes:

In the last two weeks things have become much worse. Two Fridays ago, I was coming down a hill and the Diesel Exhaust Break started making a horrible noise and the truck threw a CEL, P2262 (Turbo/Super Charger Boost Pressure Not Detected). I was able to solve this temporarily by turning the Exhaust Break off. Also, within a day or two of this happening, the TPMS system stopped working. I now get a warning every time the truck starts indicating the system needs service. I made an appointment at Rairdon Dodge again to have all this fixed. I drove the truck there last Wednesday. During the drive I had plenty of boost. The turbo was fine. Once they had the truck, I got a call after about 36 hours saying they found the problem. It was the boost pressure solenoid. Then, the next day I got another call saying the car needs a new turbo (a part that is on nation-wide backorder) and the truck is now "undrivable." So...I drove the truck there with a working turbo, only to have it fail during the work they were doing?? So, now the car is basically a huge piece of metal sitting on their lot waiting for a part that nobody can give me a timeframe for. What's worse is the people at Rairdon could give two ****s about this issue. I asked for a loaner car, they have none. After multiple calls they finally mentioned that I could call RAM and apply for a rental car re-imbursement. All I get form them is more lies. Between the level of total incompetence I've seen from this dealer and the insane lack of quality control from RAM, I'm beyond pissed! I'm about to sell this thing, take the loss and buy a 1 ton Ford. Never again will I ever purchase another RAM product or give this ****ty dealer any business.

For anyone considering purchasing a RAM, you've been warned. And, definitely don't give Rairdon's dealerships in Washington any business. These people have no moral compass! Pure evil!

Have a nice day!

-Brian

View attachment 66903
Make sure you call Stellantis and let them know about it too. Get a case number. That's the only way we will get attention is if all of us call in.

I'm having the same issue. 2020 2500 6.7. Took it to the dealer and they were able to force the regeneration but less than a month later, same issue pops up.

Good luck and keep hammering the dealer and Stellantis.

wrvond

Reaction score
Hello all.

In 2021 I ordered a fully loaded (every option but the backup alarm) 2022 RAM 3500 Limited. I took possession in April of 2022 after waiting about 9 months. During this time, the dealer raised the price of the truck $10k. Since then, owning this rig has turned into a nightmare. In the past year and a half, the number of recalls and check engine lights I got is unbelievable. Also, my purchase experience at Rairdon's Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Monroe, WA was horrible. They lied about many things to sell add-on products like a ****ty, non-Mopar, extended warranty, even though they represented it as the official Mopar warranty. They lied about the factory warranty saying after 36K miles NOTHING is covered. Lies, lies, lies. Thank God I was able to get the money I spent on these items back.

So basically, I spent $110k cash on a truck that IMO is a piece of ****! Thus, I'm a little pissed. Within the first few months, I got several check engine lights. These were mostly associated with the stupid emissions system. I would take the rig into the dealer to get things checked out/fixed, only to have the CEL come on again in the parking lot as I was leaving. It's been back to the dealer about 6-8 times in the past year. At this point I now have my own ODB2 scanner so I can send screen shots of the codes in advance to the dealer before I go in. The last time I was there, the service rep told me, "Yup! We see that code all the time. We don't know what it is. Just clear it!" Unbelievable! This particular code, which I still get, is P2459 (Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Frequency). I'm also constantly getting P2609 (Intake Air Heater System Performance). The truck just passed 36,000 miles. :rolleyes:

In the last two weeks things have become much worse. Two Fridays ago, I was coming down a hill and the Diesel Exhaust Break started making a horrible noise and the truck threw a CEL, P2262 (Turbo/Super Charger Boost Pressure Not Detected). I was able to solve this temporarily by turning the Exhaust Break off. Also, within a day or two of this happening, the TPMS system stopped working. I now get a warning every time the truck starts indicating the system needs service. I made an appointment at Rairdon Dodge again to have all this fixed. I drove the truck there last Wednesday. During the drive I had plenty of boost. The turbo was fine. Once they had the truck, I got a call after about 36 hours saying they found the problem. It was the boost pressure solenoid. Then, the next day I got another call saying the car needs a new turbo (a part that is on nation-wide backorder) and the truck is now "undrivable." So...I drove the truck there with a working turbo, only to have it fail during the work they were doing?? So, now the car is basically a huge piece of metal sitting on their lot waiting for a part that nobody can give me a timeframe for. What's worse is the people at Rairdon could give two ****s about this issue. I asked for a loaner car, they have none. After multiple calls they finally mentioned that I could call RAM and apply for a rental car re-imbursement. All I get form them is more lies. Between the level of total incompetence I've seen from this dealer and the insane lack of quality control from RAM, I'm beyond pissed! I'm about to sell this thing, take the loss and buy a 1 ton Ford. Never again will I ever purchase another RAM product or give this ****ty dealer any business.

For anyone considering purchasing a RAM, you've been warned. And, definitely don't give Rairdon's dealerships in Washington any business. These people have no moral compass! Pure evil!

Have a nice day!

-Brian

View attachment 66903

This sounds exactly like the Ford dealerships in my area. I had a perfectly good F350 DRW that I bought new and they made it undriveable. I went to Ram not because I think those dealers near me are any better, but because I refuse to give Ford dealers and Ford corporate (no support from them at all) any more of my money.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 093603.jpg

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Make sure you call Stellantis and let them know about it too. Get a case number. That's the only way we will get attention is if all of us call in.

I'm having the same issue. 2020 2500 6.7. Took it to the dealer and they were able to force the regeneration but less than a month later, same issue pops up.

Good luck and keep hammering the dealer and Stellantis.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Guido. If concerns are still present, our team would be more than happy to see where we can assist. If desired, send us a message with your VIN and details of your experience, or any inquires you may have. We will do our best to support in any way we can.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Guido Scamardo

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Guido. If concerns are still present, our team would be more than happy to see where we can assist. If desired, send us a message with your VIN and details of your experience, or any inquires you may have. We will do our best to support in any way we can.

Chris,
Ram Cares
Thanks for reaching out. I already have a case open and the truck is sitting at the dealership waiting on a new DPF filter. I hope Stellantis is working to fix this issue because it’s a real loyalty killer.

Users who are viewing this thread