Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Semiconductor Shortages Forces Ram To Revise Some Packages For Heavy Duty Trucks!

jsalbre

Reaction score
Semiconductors require metals from Africa, shipped to foundaries across the world, then stamped by factories in China, then shipped to Mexico where stellantis builds the Ram line, or USA/Canada where Ford/GM build, then the vehicles are shipped.

You can blame COVID, communism, the US for not pursuing technological independence from Taiwanese firms, Korea for not doing the same, shipping inefficiency, the US for allowing China to get a foothold in precious metal mining in Africa, or unfair global tax and trade practices.

But saying we don't have trucks because American kids don't want to make them just makes other impressionable people repeat it.

Our broken education system is not responsible for thousands of trucks awaiting 20 nm microchips so they can be shipped from Mexico.
Stop it with your logic, no one wants that!

Jrs

Reaction score
You aren't wrong. You are just blaming the semiconductor shortage on the wrong problem.

jsalbre

Reaction score
You aren't wrong. You are just blaming the semiconductor shortage on the wrong problem.
I agree with you 100%, I was making a joke about you coming in here and talking about real reasons instead of just blaming <insert whatever politician you don’t like here>.

Jrs

Reaction score
I agree with you 100%, I was making a joke about you coming in here and talking about real reasons instead of just blaming <insert whatever politician you don’t like here>.
I replied to the wrong post. I got your sarcasm. I don't do forums and I got the wrong button. Probably because I'm a product of the American education system...

PotvinSux

Reaction score
Fyi, At this time, you can not get Active Driving Assist on any 2023 HD Ram.

chas0218

Reaction score
I get what you saying about the worker shortage. What I don't understand is why we have a shortage??? Wages are up, plenty jobs are out there and, from what I understand, most hand outs have ended.

I wish I would have had those employment opportunities when I moved to the US in 1985.
Labor shortages are from people being too lazy to work. Every business i talk to says people think they should be making $10-$20 more than the starting wage at that business. It's crazy people think they should be getting paid just to show up let alone do work.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Labor shortages are from people being too lazy to work. Every business i talk to says people think they should be making $10-$20 more than the starting wage at that business. It's crazy people think they should be getting paid just to show up let alone do work.
Everyone is asking for more money because everything costs more now. It’s crazy how many businesses think they should get workers to work for non-livable wages.

Users who are viewing this thread