Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar trailer camera

Sass55

Reaction score
My 2022 3500 has all the set up for a trailer camera.
Mopar back up trailer camera with tow mode. Wanting to install it on my 5th wheel. Has any one had success with it.
The other question the part number for camera is (P) 68527599AA or 68527599AA.
Looking on YouTube the guy said make sure the part number has the (P) in it.
All the part numbers for this I've seen doesn't have the (P).
Does it matter?

jebruns

Reaction score
Do you have the digital rearview mirror?

My 22 2500 came with the digital mirror and the wired trailer camera. Part of that package also supplied me with the wire and camera. I installed it on my trailer, and it works great. But I don't have any of the part numbers for you.

Sass55

Reaction score
Yes I do have the digital rearveiw mirror, also have the port just below the tailgate to left of the license plate to be able to plug into

Sass55

Reaction score
You are able to see behind while in tow mode correct?
Thank you much for your reply

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Yes you are.

You must have the Safety Group which gets the DRVM but not the tow-mode camera.

I can look at my tow-mode camera tonight and post the part number.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
My 2022 3500 has all the set up for a trailer camera.
Mopar back up trailer camera with tow mode. Wanting to install it on my 5th wheel. Has any one had success with it.
The other question the part number for camera is (P) 68527599AA or 68527599AA.
Looking on YouTube the guy said make sure the part number has the (P) in it.
All the part numbers for this I've seen doesn't have the (P).
Does it matter?
The P doesn’t matter, and isn’t used for parts lookup. It’s just an identifier on the label meaning “Part number…”
68527599AA is the correct part number for the digital rear view mirror tow mode camera kit.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
The P doesn’t matter, and isn’t used for parts lookup. It’s just an identifier on the label meaning “Part number…”
68527599AA is the correct part number for the digital rear view mirror tow mode camera kit.
Do you know the correct part number for the trailer camera on my 2021 3500 jimmy ? I have the correct package and all the plugs in the bumper and inside the bed just never ordered the camera because it was backordered so long. Now im ready to add to my enclosed trailer but was hoping for a part number since its probably been changed a couple times by now .

jebruns

Reaction score
Thank you much for your reply
Actually, it's the default. Once you plug the camera in, the rearview mirror switches to the camera. You don't have to be in tow/haul mode or turn anything on. Or at least that's the way it works on my truck.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
This is what came with my truck.

952B8AFF-45E5-4894-ABED-8A443E901EB4.jpeg

MLCMobile

Reaction score
Does anyone know of there is some place to find these kits? I am getting delivery of a slightly used 2022 Limited 2500 that had the limited level 1 group which included the digital rearview mirror. The truck also has the port on the left side as well as the 12 way on the right side. Every time I try to order 68527599AA through mopar, tasca or anywhere else they say its not compatible with my truck and that its on national backorder anyways. The ram dealer says thats the wrong part and wants me to order 82216068AB instead. That AB part number though looks like its just for the uconnect system when backing up and I want the one that displays in the rearview when towing at speed.

mountainears

Reaction score
Here, eBay…..I had been watching here for a while and just scored one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainears

Reaction score
The one for the UConnect is the surround cameras. Totally different part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread