Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modifying the HO 6.7L?

arisythila

Reaction score
Has anybody done any modifications of their setup?

I was considering getting AFE cold air intakes as I was thinking it would be a good first start. Has anybody done any mods to their 2020 6.7L HO?

Thanks,

Michael

arisythila

Reaction score
Looks like ATS Diesel Performance sells some performance stuff... Banks Performance too. Looks like Banks just picked up a HO 2020 3500. So we will see how that goes.

3500 Limited

Reaction score
I installed a Banks Petal Monster on my 2020 Ram 3500 Limited Mega cab. It works really well. All that it does is change the gain on the gas pedal so if you press it lightly, it will give you say 1/4 throttle.
It really wakes the truck up and the torque is amazing. This mod is easy to install and comes with an app to change the modes on your cell phone. My dually halls ass now. When I take it to the dealer, I can unplug it fast to put it back to normal so I don't void the warranty. $295

clawdog79

Reaction score
i,, personally, enjoy the extra holset hairdryer noises that the s&b provides. take the snow plug out and double the fun. it's all about disposable income.

Agreed. It sounds great. The louder turbo whistle during acceleration and the growl of the exhaust break make it worth every penny if you like that kind of thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dieseldan723

Reaction score
I installed a Banks Petal Monster on my 2020 Ram 3500 Limited Mega cab. It works really well. All that it does is change the gain on the gas pedal so if you press it lightly, it will give you say 1/4 throttle.
It really wakes the truck up and the torque is amazing. This mod is easy to install and comes with an app to change the modes on your cell phone. My dually halls ass now. When I take it to the dealer, I can unplug it fast to put it back to normal so I don't void the warranty. $295

Watched the video. Curious if anyone else has tried this product?

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Stock RAM airbox is CAI as far as I know, it has those active shutters.. Wouldn't switch that to some aftermarket snake oil stuff.

Phil T

Reaction score
Agreed. It sounds great. The louder turbo whistle during acceleration and the growl of the exhaust break make it worth every penny if you like that kind of thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't want my truck to sound like a Ferd PowerJoke

Greenhills

Reaction score
A Pedal commander wont void your warranty. Also, even if it did.. unplugging it would do nothing. The dealership can see it when they scan the trucks history.

agtcovert

Reaction score
A Pedal commander wont void your warranty. Also, even if it did.. unplugging it would do nothing. The dealership can see it when they scan the trucks history.
Not from what I understand. It's hooked up to your OBD port and the throttle position sensor in the cab. All it's doing is telling the ECM your requested throttle position is much higher than the pedal itself sends the ECM.

Makes no changes to ECM. Not trackable. Hooks to OBD for power and won't trip limp mode. Takes maybe 10 mins to remove.

Sure wakes the truck up.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Based on your prior comments, I'm assuming a typo and you mean CAN'T aka can not. ??

camaroz2866

Reaction score
Banks 4” monster ram and billet plate, arp studs, S&b intake system
fbfecfd4c8bab0348cee0c73d348100e.jpg

c5940c244e7094d8c2c2972c95f8618a.jpg

7affad1c001ade2d7cae3578281bd319.jpg

Reactions: J-J

camaroz2866

Reaction score
How do you like it ? Any noticeable difference?

I am enjoying it. A nice noticeable difference in acceleration/ boost hit, ect and I don’t have to worry about the nut dropping in the intake for the heater grid. And the massive restoration from the heater grid.

This is the 4” high ram monster ram and billet heater grid removal. The high ram is for the previous gen trucks.
ccb08d59905b46840448c0ba61201740.jpg

~~Mutt~~

Reaction score
CAI are just going to drain your wallet and don't flow any more air than the OEM airbox and filter. The only thing you might get is more turbo whistle.

The OEM filter also provides better filtration and protection for your engine.
I have to disagree to a point.. only because that cool looking sticker they give you in the box..... that one puts on the back window..... will net you at least 5 to 9 hp... lol

Users who are viewing this thread