Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory Seating

Darkone

Reaction score
Hey all My 21 Big horn came with adjustable pedals and power seats. Im wondering if it is possible to add the memory function. My wife is shorter than I and we both drive the truck so it would be nice to set the seat and know it goes back exactly the way I want it. Kinda a pet peeve of mine not having my seat exactly the way I want it.
With what little research I have done it seems there is only one cab floor harness. There are also extra wires that are in the connector coming in under the drivers seat. From what I’ve researched the memory seat module mounts under the drivers seat.
Any imput or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hey all My 21 Big horn came with adjustable pedals and power seats. Im wondering if it is possible to add the memory function. My wife is shorter than I and we both drive the truck so it would be nice to set the seat and know it goes back exactly the way I want it. Kinda a pet peeve of mine not having my seat exactly the way I want it.
With what little research I have done it seems there is only one cab floor harness. There are also extra wires that are in the connector coming in under the drivers seat. From what I’ve researched the memory seat module mounts under the drivers seat.
Any imput or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
You would need the switch for the driver door, the memory seat module, and any missing wiring. The main thing, though, is you’ll need new seats. The motors in the seat base and seat back on your power seats are not memory capable.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
You would need the switch for the driver door, the memory seat module, and any missing wiring. The main thing, though, is you’ll need new seats. The motors in the seat base and seat back on your power seats are not memory capable.

Good info....That makes it very pricey!

Relieve her of the privilege to drive the truck problem solved and considerably cheaper lol

This!!!

Darkone

Reaction score
Well, that may stop the idea or at least back burner it. I was hoping my current seats would be able to just use the memory module, add the extra wiring and door switch and go. @Jimmy07 what exactly is different in the seat motors?
Relieve her of the privilege to drive the truck problem solved and considerably cheaper lol
This is easier said than done, happy wife happy life.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Well, that may stop the idea or at least back burner it. I was hoping my current seats would be able to just use the memory module, add the extra wiring and door switch and go. @Jimmy07 what exactly is different in the seat motors?

The motors for memory seats have position sensors in them to relay to the memory seat module.

Darkone

Reaction score
Okay that makes sense. Thanks for the response. Your knowledge of these trucks is truly invaluable.

Frank

Reaction score

I hate that saying...it implies extortion which no one (man or woman) should put up with. My previous truck had power but not memory. My wife would take my truck (even though she didn't need to) to go 1/2 mile on neighborhood streets to daycare and fiddle with every single setting she could find, just for. Drove me nuts trying to fix everything. We agreed, all she really needed to do was move the seat forward which made it easy to put back. Compromise, and try to get memory next time which we did.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I hate that saying...it implies extortion which no one (man or woman) should put up with. My previous truck had power but not memory. My wife would take my truck (even though she didn't need to) to go 1/2 mile on neighborhood streets to daycare and fiddle with every single setting she could find, just for. Drove me nuts trying to fix everything. We agreed, all she really needed to do was move the seat forward which made it easy to put back. Compromise, and try to get memory next time which we did.
Getting a taller wife is easier than trying to reason with her lol

Users who are viewing this thread