Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega Cab vs Crew Cab

kobra

Reaction score
The other reason not to get the Megacab is the extra length, and extra weight compared to the CC SB. In the case of the 2500 the extra weight really cuts into payload.

B

AttilaTheHun

Reaction score
I got the CC due to a really good deal. Being I do RV Transport, and have removed the rear seats and built a bed. My next truck is going to be a mega. I can deal with the 6' bed, already am. It would give me way more room for a bed. Unless you need an 8' bed, go with mega. you can put less kids in the mega, but you can't put more stuff in the CC lol Best of luck

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
We have a Mega and LOVE it! Really hated the indent in the middle of the back seat in the CC. We use ours to tow our 30' TT for camping. The extra room in the back seat area makes for much more comfortable traveling for grandkids or other guests. Back seat folding flat makes for a great bed for two on quick overnight trips. Flip side is that you do lose carrying capacity. However as we went with the 6.4 Hemi we still have plenty compared to the diesel. If you want a Mega with the diesel you should probably go with the 3500. Lastly, when spending the amount of money that these trucks cost, why settle for anything less than exactly what you want? In other words, ORDER IT! Does not really take that long to get in and you can still negotiate price. Best of luck with whatever you chose.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Guy at work that just retired has an 08 MC that he travels with. He raves about the space and comfort when hauling grandkids. The MC wasn't on my radar since ones almost 18 & ones driving in 6 mo. I just thought I'd chime in about his joy. If its what you want no reason you couldn't order or fly to get the dream boat.

Frank

Reaction score
I may be one of the few that have owned the new 5th gen 1500 CC and a 4.5 gen HD CC. If I had it to do over, I would give the MC a real good look.

The 5th gen CC has a flat floor that is open under the rear bench all the way to the back of the cab. The legroom is comparable to a front seat, maybe better. With my seat in regular position my daughter was able to walk down the aisle in front of her car seat...and like someone else said I didn't have to constantly tell her to get her dang feet off the console because they wouldn't reach. I was able to neatly stow all my towing supplies except for the WDH (straps, ropes, pins, 3 different shanks w/ball mounts, etc.), a handheld air compressor, a jump pack, a few tools, a window scraper, and a windshield cover with room to spare.

The 4.5 gen CC doesn't compare. This is the one and only spot I went backwards on the upgrade. When we were moving stuff between trucks at the dealership it looked like we were being evicted and taking as many belongings as we could. I've never seen a MC in person but based on the pictures posted here...the 5th gen CC still has it beat.

Doesn't do anyone a lick of good right now, but when FCA eventually tools up the rest of the lineup to 5th gen I don't expect much need for the MC.

Habu987

Reaction score
I may be one of the few that have owned the new 5th gen 1500 CC and a 4.5 gen HD CC. If I had it to do over, I would give the MC a real good look.

The 5th gen CC has a flat floor that is open under the rear bench all the way to the back of the cab. The legroom is comparable to a front seat, maybe better. With my seat in regular position my daughter was able to walk down the aisle in front of her car seat...and like someone else said I didn't have to constantly tell her to get her dang feet off the console because they wouldn't reach. I was able to neatly stow all my towing supplies except for the WDH (straps, ropes, pins, 3 different shanks w/ball mounts, etc.), a handheld air compressor, a jump pack, a few tools, a window scraper, and a windshield cover with room to spare.

The 4.5 gen CC doesn't compare. This is the one and only spot I went backwards on the upgrade. When we were moving stuff between trucks at the dealership it looked like we were being evicted and taking as many belongings as we could. I've never seen a MC in person but based on the pictures posted here...the 5th gen CC still has it beat.

Doesn't do anyone a lick of good right now, but when FCA eventually tools up the rest of the lineup to 5th gen I don't expect much need for the MC.
I've got a '19 DT, planning on upgrading to a 2022 HD next fall/winter. The wife has said the MC is out because of how it looks, but if the HDs are still 4.5G then, I'll likely end up sticking with a DT since the CC size on the 4.5G is a dealbreaker, along with a few other things that come with the DT that the HDs don't have yet.

Pronto

Reaction score
I've got a '19 DT, planning on upgrading to a 2022 HD next fall/winter. The wife has said the MC is out because of how it looks, but if the HDs are still 4.5G then, I'll likely end up sticking with a DT since the CC size on the 4.5G is a dealbreaker, along with a few other things that come with the DT that the HDs don't have yet.

Is your wife worried about other women swooning at the sight of you driving that good looking mega cab? :D

Viper67

Reaction score
So mega vs crew. Maybe 2” more in front of the back seat. Plus the middle seat doesn’t have the cut out in the mega like the crew does. Then the big deal is the mega has about a foot of useable space behind the seats. And the seats tilt back in the mega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linked4door

Reaction score
Coming from a 06 megacab to a 2019 crew about, there are two main things to take into consideration IMO. Interior storage and bed length. shorted. You don't need a longbed get the megacab. If you care lots of stuff inside the truck (tools,cloths, subs, guns, luggage) i would say mega about hands down. The amount of stuff I could find behind/under the seats of the megacab now require me to have a truck box in the crewcab. That truck box takes my long bed down to almos the usable space of a shortbed. Parking and just general driving is also easier in the megacab. I know its only a small differance in overall le gth, but to me it feels like a drastic size differance (some of that being caused by the differances in 06 and 19 trucks). I do ersonally prefer the appearance of the CCLB over the mega, but I would be in a mega if I didn't need the longbed.

Users who are viewing this thread