Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MaxCare Key Fob replacement process

mountainears

Reaction score
Who has had their key fob replaced using their MaxCare extended warranty?

Under the warranty it states:
FOB: Subject to the limitations in this provision, the Plan provides (i) coverage for up to three key fob repairs or replacements, and (ii) a total key fob coverage benefit of $600, which limit applies notwithstanding the cost per repair or per replacement of the key fob for the Covered Vehicle. Key fob coverage is available even if this component is lost or stolen, and this coverage is not subject to the deductible that applies to repair visits for covered components.
NOTE: FAILURE OF A KEY FOB BATTERY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A MECHANICAL FAILURE OF THE KEY FOB.

Curious if some have gone through it and how the process went? Just tell them you lost a fob and they'll give you a new one all programmed? Or is there a claim form that has to be filled out first?

mountainears

Reaction score
I took my truck in today for service and mentioned that I lost a key fob and it should be covered under MaxCare, he questioned it at first. Showed me a printout of my warranty coverage (a summary) that didn't show it at all. I had a copy of the contract and it shows it and he said, yea, should be. So we'll see how it goes, he had to check further but felt it wasn't an issue.

Will update once I find out for sure...

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I took my truck in today for service and mentioned that I lost a key fob and it should be covered under MaxCare, he questioned it at first. Showed me a printout of my warranty coverage (a summary) that didn't show it at all. I had a copy of the contract and it shows it and he said, yea, should be. So we'll see how it goes, he had to check further but felt it wasn't an issue.

Will update once I find out for sure...
At any time, you can ask about a generic scenario, and they can immediately pull up if it’s covered/included etc (most seem to lead you to believe they need to call and ask someone, and wait for them to get back to them).
This is a scenario where someone wanted to know hypothetically if the e-torque controller pack was covered after 80,000 miles. Note that it shows there is an extended mopar service plan, and it shows how many replacement fobs are left at the time of inquiry:
IMG_5154.jpeg

mountainears

Reaction score
Yea, that looks similar to what he printed but it did not show that on mine. Yet my contract, with my name on it shows it. So I’m not sure yet what is going on. I kept what he printed, I’ll post when I pull it out of the car.

mountainears

Reaction score
Attached the version of the document he showed me at the service appointment it shows my extended warranty but does not say anything about key replacement

My contract said it was included, I guess it turns out my version was correct as they gave me a replacement at no charge. Programmed and ready to go.

IMG_2544.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread