Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MarkCO1's 2022 2500 Big Horn

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Well, I have done the "easy" stuff. Now it gets a little harder.

I am going to try and find an appropriate stubbed/blank 12V wire in the rear to connect my bed lights. I bought a "kit" with LEDs that look like factory, but are brighter. Also fog lights, LED light bar (behind front lower grill) and two 12V outlets (one in the cab and one in the bed). Trying to decide how to wire those all up w.r.t. the factory Aux panel and wiring harness kit I bought (Mopar Kit for my truck). I think I will wait on the Aux panel until I have plenty of time and T-Shirt and Shorts temps. :) Once that Aux panel is in, the rest should be pretty straight forward.

The rear bed rack for a 5 gallon fuel can, TStak boxes and such is just waiting on delivery of the TStak base mounts to arrive.

5Willy2

Reaction score
Ditto on rough country wheel liners. Liners showed up on porch with zip ties attached not in a box...not a big deal. Installed the back, was not a 30 min install as advertised, was a rough install and the not all the pre drilled holes in the liner would not accept the push pins supplied, had to drill out to make bigger. Do it on a warm day, the liner is pretty stiff. Removed the stock half liner to make it fit, Instructions were generic to a truck, not the Ram. Went back to the RC site and noted that all the reviews were 5 star????, even when the review stated a POOR product? It does look better all black in the wheel well. They were $100, I should have included the stock liners when I ordered my RAM. If doing again I would have bought a better liner, yes it would have cost more, but in the long run it would have been a better choice for me.

MarkCO1

Reaction score
This past week, took the 2500 on it's first road trip. 1955 miles. We towed the 6200# dry (about 7400# loaded) trailer to Phoenix and back. Had some rain, sleet, blizzard, slow crawl past accidents, hills and passes. Averaged 10.1 mpg with a trip average speed of 56mph. That includes the around town. There were times I held it at 75 mph, even used the cruise control a few times. I was very impressed with the handling and power. Wife liked that it was quieter than the old 1500 with the 5.7L. Same trip last year, we got about 8.5 mpg with that at a slower speed.

When I held the 2500 at 60 mph, I was getting 12 mpg.

Fed the HS baseball team lunch and dinner for the week and photographed the Varsity games. Got home yesterday at noon and made it to the range by 1pm to coach the Trap team. :) Baseball is 4-0 on the season outscoring opponents 40-6 so far. One of the IG photos from the week.

IMG_20240321_220312_364.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread