Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MarkCO1's 2022 2500 Big Horn

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Have had it a week now and got a pile of accessories coming for various things. This forum has been great for my research and learning resulting in several pivots from my initial plans. Anyway, it will likely take me all year to get everything done I want to do to it.

2024-02-09 15.36.11.jpg

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Well, I have a pile of stuff to install now.

Tow hooks, LED light bar, LED bed lights, fog lights and ... Aux Panel with the factory harness.

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Spend too much time here and it will start to feel like a gun forum (with all the required "mods.") LOL

With gun mods, I know what I am doing. The 2500, not so much.

Don't forget a jump pack. We like the NoCo stuff.

Jump pack?

I spent a good part of the day chasing down some of these (6510827AA) dang fender body bolts. Missing 7 on the truck and I am now starting to think someone must of stolen them (kidding). Dang Mopar is proud of that odd bolt.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Put the Rough Country seat covers on, front and back. Swapped out the cotter keys on the Tonneau cover with locking pins. Put a few more things from the old Longhorn in the DuHa and glove compartment.

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Installed factory recovery/tow hooks. Used the oscillating tool to trim out the honeycomb instead of spend the time and $100 for the new grill insert. Took all of 15 minutes. There were factory plow mounts, removed those and reused the bolts on hooks.

2024-02-26 17.41.24.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Installed factory recovery/tow hooks. Used the oscillating tool to trim out the honeycomb instead of spend the time and $100 for the new grill insert. Took all of 15 minutes. There were factory plow mounts, removed those and reused the bolts on hooks.

View attachment 69816

"Factory Plow Mounts" are actually Federally mandated crash bars on the 2500.

3500 is exempt.

whitexc

Reaction score

View attachment 69816

Where did you source the hooks?

Sent from me

MarkCO1

Reaction score
So, during the "SnowSquall" this morning, I was driving up to the place I bought the truck for them to put new hood struts on it. Got to drive in snow, Ice, Sleet and even avoid some clowns in 4WD bombing by swerving through traffic. Truck did great!

Rinsed off the road grime and put her back in the garage. Maintained a 14.6 mpg. Came back home on side roads to stay off the highways.

Looking forward to getting the mud flaps and rear wheel well liners put on.

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Rough Country Wheel well liners. Installed one side following the instructions. Was not happy. On the other side, I left the factory "guards" in place and tried that. Ended up being in the middle. Front guard off, rear guard left in place, stripped the clip nuts off the front and used those on the holes and left factory screws for the rear and left the half rounds they had cut to go around those. I actually think I installed them the way they were intended, just took me twice on each side to get it right. Those plastic push pins are not very solid.

Users who are viewing this thread