Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map split screen

time2kyl

Reaction score
I have my 12.1 set up with the map on top and radio on the bottom. Has any figured out how to get the map to open to the actual map instead of the "where to?" Screen?

It's not a big deal to swipe each time, but if I don't have to...

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
No idea, I use AA... significantly better than the s h i t t y baked in NAV system...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If I X whatever is on a screen and then select NAV from the "What to display" it shows the map.

What version of uconnect?

Press/hold lower left/right corner of screen (do not have to touch icons).

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
I have my 12.1 set up with the map on top and radio on the bottom. Has any figured out how to get the map to open to the actual map instead of the "where to?" Screen?

Grapevine suggests that you're stuck with it - for now. I don't like it either. If the map is full screen, the "where to" stuff won't prompt. If you're set for split screen, it'll pop up every time the system is restarted. Logic?

John Jensen

Reaction score

It's probably my only gripe about the 12" screen. Have researched it and found the same as Burn'n Oil said.

blues_sunrise

Reaction score
I can't get nav to open on the lower screen while having carplay and the waze app running on the upper screen

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I can't get nav to open on the lower screen while having carplay and the waze app running on the upper screen

The baked in NAV will only run on it's own.. it won't run if AA or CarPlay is running...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
And in a stroke of pure genius, if you are playing Media full screen with AA running and tap the Map overlay, it displays.....

The baked in NAV mini screen.

SMH.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
FYI, I just discovered there's a 4th page available on the custom apps screens.

Not that I use it ever, but it's there.

Skooter76

Reaction score
I discovered by accident that if you swipe the "Where To" screen (either left or right) in split view the map screen will display.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread