Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M&R Auto 30" Lightbar on brand new 2022 2500 Hemi 6.4

Electronut

Reaction score
She's 1 week old today. Awesome machine. Just installed my first mod which is this killer discreet lightbar behind front grill with amber DRL. Wired into 2 aux switches with the amber set to power on with ignition of the truck.

Thuren 2" leveling kit containing softer front springs, Fox IFP shocks all around, and also rear links to lift air ride along with 35" Nitto Recon Grappler A/T's and black lugs on OEM Night Edition wheels. This looks like will be the wheel/tire setup for now. Couldn't get myself to blow almost $5k on American Force wheels but will likely come later.

Attachments

• 20230115_154348.jpg
    20230115_154348.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 20230115_215147.jpg
    20230115_215147.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 145
  • 20230115_215303.jpg
    20230115_215303.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 147

Dave01

Reaction score
I thought so too. Little bit of work to remove entire front grill but worth it.

Check his stuff out. Lifetime warranty on all of his lighting too.
What is the mounting point?

I like it, more for having the additional white lighting than the DRL. I have a plow and will take a look to make sure it wouldn't be an issue, can't imagine it would but worth checking.

Electronut

Reaction score
What is the mounting point?

I like it, more for having the additional white lighting than the DRL. I have a plow and will take a look to make sure it wouldn't be an issue, can't imagine it would but worth checking.
There are 2 bolts within the front bumper that hold the M&R brackets provided with the kit that the lightbar itself screws into. Pretty easy install. Hardest and most time consuming part is taking the front bumper apart. The middle brow on my 2022 was however different to get at. Had 5 total stud screws there instead of 3 shown in the instructions and had to approach differently to get at them but overall the install was quite similar. The 2 painted sections underneath each headlight was nerve wrecking because took quite a bit of force to get them off with usual plastic car pry tools. I thought I was going to break the clips but didn't. My truck literally is brand new with 80 miles on it LOL so that's why was a little nervous at those points. M&R video doesn't show those complex points. Just have to take your time and be patient.

Oh and don't think you can use the white light for normal driving because you can't. It's way too bright. You'll blind anyone coming at you.

Here is the install video.

Last edited:

Dave01

Reaction score
Definitely didn't think you could drive with the white's on! They look bright in that picture, compared to the headlights. Surprised you can get that kind of output through such a narrow opening.

CFE

Reaction score
She's 1 week old today. Awesome machine. Just installed my first mod which is this killer discreet lightbar behind front grill with amber DRL. Wired into 2 aux switches with the amber set to power on with ignition of the truck.

Thuren 2" leveling kit containing softer front springs, Fox IFP shocks all around, and also rear links to lift air ride along with 35" Nitto Recon Grappler A/T's and black lugs on OEM Night Edition wheels. This looks like will be the wheel/tire setup for now. Couldn't get myself to blow almost $5k on American Force wheels but will likely come later.
Appreciate you sharing the M&R lightbar...been pondering a lightbar for a few months and reached out to my local truck shop and snagged this - hopefully i will have it up and running by mid-Feb. The amber DRL and white LEDs sold me.

Electronut

Reaction score
Appreciate you sharing the M&R lightbar...been pondering a lightbar for a few months and reached out to my local truck shop and snagged this - hopefully i will have it up and running by mid-Feb. The amber DRL and white LEDs sold me.
Yah... Glad to help. I ended up springing for the hood lights as well. Just finished installing. Was a bit more tedious due to the provided brackets not fitting 100% accurate but was able to correct easy enough. Really liking the products. You really can't beat the price for his kits and the warranty as lighting is very expensive typically.

I told Mike/M&R I would post a review on my YouTube channel and will share in this thread. I am not affiliated with M&R or get the products complimentary. Paid for these items out of my pocket.

20230128_172055.jpg
20230128_172127.jpg
20230127_183022.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CFE

CFE

Reaction score
got around to putting the lightbar on 2 weekends ago - definitely makes a world of difference driving on country roads at night when i flip that sucker on. Turns night into daylight. pictures don't do it justice. Now I just need some amber/white ditch lights.

44Dan44

Reaction score
I ordered this for the growing parts pile waiting on the truck to show up. Really nice piece, kind of oozes quality if you can understand what I mean. Pic to show the mount brackets. When comparing this to other options for light bars such as on bumper or in lower grille, this one won the day for me, lifetime warranty, takes advantage of a dead spot leaving lower grille open for other things, 11,760 lumens in a tight kit. Although I did not choose the dual white/amber as @Electronut I appreciate the option. I chose white only. I also note that MandR points out its a 10 degree spot where most lights don't mention what the spread is on theirs. Shipped quick, well packaged, various coupon codes out there, LAGOTRX worked for me. USA did not.
IMG_0696 2.JPG

Milly

Reaction score
Love your setup. Curious if you happen to have a link on where you got the dual option. I am only seeing white or amber. Not both.

44Dan44

Reaction score

Milly

Reaction score
Thanks, I clicked everything but that link trying to find them. I think the naming was mixing me up.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Hey Dan - Aftermarket? Care to share product details etc? I'm interested
It is this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BS6JJB2B?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
$249 with coupon
Image 6-12-23 at 2.16 AM.jpg

A couple of cuts in the grille with a hacksaw blade to fit them.
IMG_1413.JPG

I made a simple bracket out of an aluminum yardstick because it was handy at the time. It was very thin aluminum so I put a couple of bends in the middle to strengthen it. Rubber mallet in a vise to bend
IMG_1409.JPG

A couple of washers behind the inner-most camera mount brackets to angle each camera slightly outward instead of both just pointing straight ahead
IMG_1574.JPG

Routed front 2 cables down passenger side along frame to rear of cab, meeting there with other 2 rear camera cables and entering rear of cab at existing hole on drivers side rear seat.
IMG_1425.JPG

Mounting the display just below the upfitter switch bank. Hard wired/ignition on.

IMG_1438.JPG

Rear cameras are presently just on top of bed rails behind cab, plenty of cable included with kit to get everywhere on my Long Bed. Eventually may go up on a ladder rack.

44Dan44

Reaction score
I can't tell you how much I like that yardstick bracket! Nicely done install.
It was make a trip to town vs make some progress/proof of concept that day, lol. I figured worse case I'd have a good template and pick up some aluminum stock later, worked too well so I just painted it. :D

Dialed in the rear cameras today, great view after adjusting, pics later. One bump in my road is the power button is on top (meant to stay on all the time when running truck) but where I want the monitor to sit puts the power button against the center stack trim, so any vibration turns it on and off. I'm at max backward angle on the swivel mount so I'm still fiddling.
IMG_1406.JPG

Sorry for threadjacking @Electronut I intended to do a complete write-up later in my thread but I didn't want to leave you hanging for an answer while I'm still working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread