Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lope shifting from park to reverse, park to drive, drive to reverse and reverse to drive. Also from neutral to either direction

Jester4439

Reaction score
I really need some honest help. The shop has struck out many times and I’m confused 2018 cc 6.7 missing all California parts easylynk with GDP tuning. Ran awesome when first done 6-8 months ago and all of a sudden decided it wanted to lope when shifting the auto 68RFE while at a stop. Sometime worse than others and sometimes when the trucks first started in park. And the truck seems to have lost some power while driving and there is a faint miss sound while driving( sounds different than before ). So far I’ve tried different tunes. New MAP SENSOR, new fuel filters, clean AFE stage 2 intake filter . I currently have a new FCA in order ( back ordered) but they told me that’s won’t fix it because they had 2 trucks same as mine that did it , granted one truck has 100K and the other had 260K mine has 56K. They said they did a boost leak check but I’m not sure that they did. Truck ran great stock and amazing after it lost some weight. When she first lost weight the wife was so pissed at me every time I parked in the garage due to the eye watering pungent smell ( but it ran awesome ) and now there’s no smell no complaining but something’s not right. Any and all legit help is appreciated more than you know.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I really need some honest help. The shop has struck out many times and I’m confused 2018 cc 6.7 missing all California parts easylynk with GDP tuning. Ran awesome when first done 6-8 months ago and all of a sudden decided it wanted to lope when shifting the auto 68RFE while at a stop. Sometime worse than others and sometimes when the trucks first started in park. And the truck seems to have lost some power while driving and there is a faint miss sound while driving( sounds different than before ). So far I’ve tried different tunes. New MAP SENSOR, new fuel filters, clean AFE stage 2 intake filter . I currently have a new FCA in order ( back ordered) but they told me that’s won’t fix it because they had 2 trucks same as mine that did it , granted one truck has 100K and the other had 260K mine has 56K. They said they did a boost leak check but I’m not sure that they did. Truck ran great stock and amazing after it lost some weight. When she first lost weight the wife was so pissed at me every time I parked in the garage due to the eye watering pungent smell ( but it ran awesome ) and now there’s no smell no complaining but something’s not right. Any and all legit help is appreciated more than you know.
Boost leaks wound not cause that even if they didnt check it have you sent a log file to the tuner to see if he sees any odd data on his end?

Jester4439

Reaction score
Boost leaks wound not cause that even if they didnt check it have you sent a log file to the tuner to see if he sees any odd data on his end?
I have sent them many data logs, they are very slow to respond if at all, also I have spent countless hours on hold when trying to reach them via phone.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have sent them many data logs, they are very slow to respond if at all, also I have spent countless hours on hold when trying to reach them via phone.
Unfortunately they dont seem like a very good tuner given the chance would you switch tuners as i dont think you are going to get far dealing with them

Jester4439

Reaction score
Unfortunately they dont seem like a very good tuner given the chance would you switch tuners as i dont think you are going to get far dealing with them
Who do you recommend ? And are they compatible with Ezlynk? Would I just have to flash back to stock and load the new tuners files?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Who do you recommend ? And are they compatible with Ezlynk? Would I just have to flash back to stock and load the new tuners files?
Yes it is that easy… ill message you for the tuner name that will work with your weight loss system

MtnRider

Reaction score
If the FCA doesn't fix it you might be looking at a torque converter issue? I've seen posts of similar symptoms that ended up being that. Something to keep in mind anyway...

Jester4439

Reaction score
If the FCA doesn't fix it you might be looking at a torque converter issue? I've seen posts of similar symptoms that ended up being that. Something to keep in mind anyway...

FCA didn’t fix it, I’m going to try and throw some sea foam in the tank. I’ve seen that stuff work miracles.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
FCA didn’t fix it, I’m going to try and throw some sea foam in the tank. I’ve seen that stuff work miracles.
Thats not a soloution on a brand new truck thats just wishful thinking…. Im still leaning towards a tuning issue, have you reflashed the tune at all? It could be the tq converter but i would expect it to surge some when driving

Jester4439

Reaction score
Thats not a soloution on a brand new truck thats just wishful thinking…. Im still leaning towards a tuning issue, have you reflashed the tune at all? It could be the tq converter but i would expect it to surge some when driving
I cannot tell you how many tunes I’ve tried. They keep wanting data logs and then say replace this part and that part. I have thought it was a tuning issue all along but I am receiving little to no help

Users who are viewing this thread