Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see your black trucks with aftermarket wheels

GreenLine

Reaction score
Those are some gorgeous looking trucks. Can you guys make some suggestions. I am getting different stories from different tire / wheel dealers (some just want to make the sale and don't care what will happen). I am looking at a 20x9 wheels with either a 33 or 35 tires.
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman with tiny wheels but a big wheel opening.
So the question is, can I run 35s without rubbing issues? What offset on the rim should I go with? I don't want them sticking out too much, just an inch or so to be able to put fender flares and make it look good. The truck has no lift or level kit.

IMG_3958.jpegIMG_3958.jpeg

RainDesert

Reaction score
Those are some gorgeous looking trucks. Can you guys make some suggestions. I am getting different stories from different tire / wheel dealers (some just want to make the sale and don't care what will happen). I am looking at a 20x9 wheels with either a 33 or 35 tires.
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman with tiny wheels but a big wheel opening.
So the question is, can I run 35s without rubbing issues? What offset on the rim should I go with? I don't want them sticking out too much, just an inch or so to be able to put fender flares and make it look good. The truck has no lift or level kit.
The factory 20" wheel offset is 57mm. If you go with an aftermarket 20" wheel you will want the 18/20mm offset size. Combine that with the largest factory size of 285/60/20 or a 295/60/20 which is a little larger you will be set. No rubbing or need to level. The tires will stick out roughly 2" wider over a stock 20" wheel ram HD. 1.5" due to the offset difference(57mm vs 20mm) and the rim being 1" wider over the stock 20x8(1/2" out and 1/2" in towards the radius arm). Hope this helps.

HD5280

Reaction score
View attachment 3084
17in method racing wheels(315s) with 35in Toyo tire open country R/Ts
Do you have any more pics of your stance from profile and maybe front? What is the offset on these? Looking at the exact same wheels. Want to go the 17' rout with 37s, but the offset is +25 on the 315s that provide the backspace needed and just dont want them tucked in too far.
Thanks!

Hayden

Reaction score
111.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread