Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
So a few years back I saw a guy with a dually had an in bed camper and was pulling their race car trailer. Anyone got a setup like that? Already got the race car trailer and now that I have a dually….I am thinking i might want to bring something more than a tent along.
Added bonus, maybe take the wife camping here and there. Kids are so big now, if they came with, they can camp in a tent outside.
Those types of setups are awesome.

Not exactly what you’re looking for but I convert my 20’ enclosed trailer to a mini cabin when I get to camp and unload.

I have a jackery solar/battery setup that I can run my house lights and outlets off of. Those can be used to charge devices and inflate the matress. (If I have access to power I can just plug my trailer into an rv outlet or regular outlet) i think it would be easy ish to add a rooftop ac unit but I don’t want to be the guy running a generator at camp.

I lay down a tarp, inflate the air mattress, hang up privacy curtains, or open the screen windows depending on weather. I have the cooler in there and stuff and my tent camping buddies are pretty jealous of the setup.

It’s a low budget setup but it works great for me. Wouldn’t really cost you much if you’ve already got the trailer.

IMG_5677.jpegIMG_5672.jpegIMG_5691.jpeg

unclelala

Reaction score

Not exactly what you’re looking for but I convert my 20’ enclosed trailer to a mini cabin when I get to camp and unload.

I have a jackery solar/battery setup that I can run my house lights and outlets off of. Those can be used to charge devices and inflate the matress. (If I have access to power I can just plug my trailer into an rv outlet or regular outlet) i think it would be easy ish to add a rooftop ac unit but I don’t want to be the guy running a generator at camp.

I lay down a tarp, inflate the air mattress, hang up privacy curtains, or open the screen windows depending on weather. I have the cooler in there and stuff and my tent camping buddies are pretty jealous of the setup.

It’s a low budget setup but it works great for me. Wouldn’t really cost you much if you’ve already got the trailer.

View attachment 70623View attachment 70624View attachment 70625
How do you beat the heat on stinking hot nights in the trailer ?

scrmblr2

Reaction score
I will admit that tracking your fuel mileage (which I do using an app) is useful as one of the parameters that indicates the health of your engine. A sudden unexplained drop could indicate an issue. You go @Brutal_HO . :cool:

View attachment 70623View attachment 70624View attachment 70625
I have considered it, even done it with my last car but the new car has no top, and no key. I have also found some tracks/organizations won’t let you camp on site. Unloading and loading the car is not as easy as I would like as I get older. Trailer is already wired for a/c but don’t have it installed. Race car also smells terribly like gas as there is no evaporative emissions on it, so sleeping in the trailer with car there is not an option right now, appreciate the idea though.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
Had a chance to grab a couple photos of our new-ish trailer and the new 1-ton mega cab. Pulled the trailer last year with a 2500 crew cab diesel and the truck did fine, but had a chance to upgrade to a 3500 with more payload headroom and am loving the extra cabin space.

trailer is a Rockwood Signature 8336bh and it’s every inch of 37’ and it’s advertised 1350 of tongue weight Is pretty spot on too. Great family camper if you’ve got the truck for it.

camper1 copy.jpg

camper2.jpg

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Didn't really have too many issues w our old one. Would freeze on the really hot days, but that is normal I think. I'm just amazed at how good they all work...this is my first experience w 2 and 50amps...

Meh. I have 2 on my 35' Iconic (not all that big of a 5er) and the ****er won't get below 80 on a 110* day in the AZ summer.

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
Meh. I have 2 on my 35' Iconic (not all that big of a 5er) and the ****er won't get below 80 on a 110* day in the AZ summer.
Interesting - in the 3 seasons we've been camping w our 24bh we've had 2 trips that were killer hot and both times we got the camper to a pretty good place - and both my daughter and I are polar bears! I'm curious to see how these do. We're going to Maryland again this summer, it was insanely hot and humid last time we were there, the AC froze and we had to shut it off for a few hours. I want to see how these hold up.

MarkCO1

Reaction score
Didn't really have too many issues w our old one. Would freeze on the really hot days, but that is normal I think. I'm just amazed at how good they all work...this is my first experience w 2 and 50amps...
The Chill Cubes are pretty amazing (in comparison to the old stuff). 40% more efficient and you can vary the levels. No soft start needed.

Users who are viewing this thread