Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

JimC

Reaction score
Do you experience any porpoising when you are towing the trailer? When going over uneven pavement. We do and still trying figure out how to remedy this. A 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel, with a WHD and pulling a 27 ft Forest River trailer. Trying figure out if we need air bags, or replace shocks, or what? Taliking to local vendors here sounds like lots of complaints about the coil springs. What you say?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Do you experience any porpoising when you are towing the trailer? When going over uneven pavement. We do and still trying figure out how to remedy this. A 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel, with a WHD and pulling a 27 ft Forest River trailer. Trying figure out if we need air bags, or replace shocks, or what? Taliking to local vendors here sounds like lots of complaints about the coil springs. What you say?

Have you scaled it?

sanda

Reaction score
Do you experience any porpoising when you are towing the trailer? When going over uneven pavement. We do and still trying figure out how to remedy this. A 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel, with a WHD and pulling a 27 ft Forest River trailer. Trying figure out if we need air bags, or replace shocks, or what? Taliking to local vendors here sounds liketruck lots of complaints about the coil springs. What you say?
The coil springs on my 2500 work very well towing 11,960. Make sure your weight is distributed well within the trailer and your wdh is adjusted well. Some think that the hitch should level the two vehicles out but you really need some tongue weight on the truck. About one inch of squat works best for me.

Finn5033

Reaction score
Alumaice RV fishouse. Over all length from back to hitch about 26.5’. The tricky thing with this trailer is when loaded up it has hitch weight of 1,250lbs and you can’t use a WDH with it. So while even though the trailer is only 7,500lbs you need an HD truck because of the hitch weight. I towed it with a Titan XD gas truck with air bags and while it handled it, it was not a pleasant experience after 2 trips I was done with it.

Towed it with a Silverado 3500 with the 6.6 gas. Had that truck for almost two years and it was a pleasant experience towing with it but I’ve always wanted a diesel.

Did my first pull with the Cummins this past weekend. Almost 600miles round trip and man what a pleasure it was. Smooth, quiet, effortless. Couldn’t be happierIMG_1744.jpegIMG_1573.jpegIMG_1574.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread