Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Do you experience any porpoising when you are towing the trailer? When going over uneven pavement. We do and still trying figure out how to remedy this. A 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel, with a WHD and pulling a 27 ft Forest River trailer. Trying figure out if we need air bags, or replace shocks, or what? Taliking to local vendors here sounds like lots of complaints about the coil springs. What you say?
You are not adjusted properly or have too much weight in the back of the trailer potentially. I don't run any WDH and no issues with porpoising if the trailer is balanced right with my 19 2500 and that was before the bags i only use them for unstable top heavy loads there is nothing wrong with the coils

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
You are not adjusted properly or have too much weight in the back of the trailer potentially. I don't run any WDH and no issues with porpoising if the trailer is balanced right with my 19 2500 and that was before the bags i only use them for unstable top heavy loads there is nothing wrong with the coils

Trailer length is also a factor with proposing. I’ve had 30’ trailers with 15-17% TW porpoise without a WDH, but with a WDH they are very stable. I don’t notice any porpoise on shorter trailers, even when the TW is low.

DrLavoie

Reaction score
It's 36 feet long, pulls great, and I use a WDH. Took a while to set it up but now that it is, pulls like a charm. I also installed the infotainment trailer brake control kit with a little frustration and a few wrong parts sent by them, it now works flawlessly and much better than aftermarket trailer brake controls. 20230630_172304_resized.jpg20230630_172323_resized.jpg

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Off the farm and up to the mountains for Labor Day. We did the scenic bypass routes and hauled ass (safely) down the freeway so the Cummins got some exercise. Not bad numbers, hand calculated only about .3 mpg off from the display.

20230904_225209.jpg20230901_091418.jpg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha! Your rig is like an older cousin of mine! lol

One of the original ORV's. It's our 2nd ORV, both have been 2011's. The first was a Creekside 26BKS that we bought new.

Users who are viewing this thread