Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Had a fun trip last month, about 4k' elevation climb in 16 miles. Truck did great had a blast
3f98b16dc9d4c51fbc95d8043e963cd1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mike75

Reaction score
At first glance I asked myself what the hell did ya weld on the back of er….then I saw it was the ramps of the trailer beside you.:rolleyes:
That must be the world’s longest Jack-All you got there to.
Still looks a bit short compared to the suspension!

Jmonty

Reaction score
Upgraded from a 1500 a month ago as we plan on a bigger trailer in the next year. Got almost 400 miles towing our little Wolf Pup so far, its hilariously easy to pull with the diesel. Wish I had this truck this spring when we went on our 3K mile trip out west!

Attachments

• IMG_2940.jpeg
    IMG_2940.jpeg
    548.4 KB · Views: 81

Branog

Reaction score
So here's my 2021 Tradesman 2500 6.4 and 2021 Heritage Glen 314BUD.

Towed it last season and she certainly was a bear on the road. Short trips of about 4 hours was tolerable but that trip from NJ to FL was no fun at all even with the weight distributed pretty good. Instead of messing with another WDH, I bought this gooseneck conversion from BP Conversions. Awesome guy in TX makes them. I removed the Sway Pro and mounted a B&W gooseneck in the bed. All hooked up she tows night and day versus bumper pull. Zero sway at 65-70mph and no big rig suck zone down the highway. Now it's just a comfortable drive like I wanted.

Hindsight, should have bought a 5th wheel. But since we love this trailer so much, I wasn't up to taking a loss on the trade-in for a higher price 5th wheel.
View attachment 38942
That is a great setup! Thank you for sharing!

Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’m asking this question in the correct forum, but I figured someone here may be able to give me a clear answer because it’s in regard to towing -

I just picked up my Ram 3500 DRW with auto-leveling rear suspension. From what I learned via Online videos, the dealer explained its operation totally wrong. What I “think” I learned is as follows:

1) To lower the bed (if needed) when connecting to a trailer, go to the 12” screen and select bed lowering mode. I tried it without actually hooking up a trailer and it worked. In order to raise the bed back up I touched the button on the screen again.

QUESTION - Will the suspension automatically raise back up when I drive forward if I don’t touch the screen button?

2) There’s a switch on the lower dash that reads “Alt Drive Height.” According to what I “think” I understood from videos is that this switch will actually lower the rear for better aerodynamics(?). What I’m trying to achieve is the prevention of squat in the rear when I hook up to a heavy boat trailer.

QUESTION - How do I engage whatever is needed to keep the factory ride height or will the air suspension do it automatically?

Thanks I’m advance for any responses! I’m really confused about this. Always used the AirLift system and wanted to try this system out this time instead…

Jimmy

superjoe83

Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’m asking this question in the correct forum, but I figured someone here may be able to give me a clear answer because it’s in regard to towing -

I just picked up my Ram 3500 DRW with auto-leveling rear suspension. From what I learned via Online videos, the dealer explained its operation totally wrong. What I “think” I learned is as follows:

1) To lower the bed (if needed) when connecting to a trailer, go to the 12” screen and select bed lowering mode. I tried it without actually hooking up a trailer and it worked. In order to raise the bed back up I touched the button on the screen again.

QUESTION - Will the suspension automatically raise back up when I drive forward if I don’t touch the screen button?

2) There’s a switch on the lower dash that reads “Alt Drive Height.” According to what I “think” I understood from videos is that this switch will actually lower the rear for better aerodynamics(?). What I’m trying to achieve is the prevention of squat in the rear when I hook up to a heavy boat trailer.

QUESTION - How do I engage whatever is needed to keep the factory ride height or will the air suspension do it automatically?

Thanks I’m advance for any responses! I’m really confused about this. Always used the AirLift system and wanted to try this system out this time instead…

Jimmy
1. Yes it will go to normal ride height once you go faster than 12-15mph

2. Alt ride height will lower the truck about 1" when hooked to a heavy enough trailer

It will level automatically with no action from you

Reaction score
1. Yes it will go to normal ride height once you go faster than 12-15mph

2. Alt ride height will lower the truck about 1" when hooked to a heavy enough trailer

It will level automatically with no action from you
So if I select “Alt Ride Height” and I want to raise the bed back up an inch, will pressing the switch again bring it up?

Also, does the selection on the screen do the same thing as the switch on the dash?

superjoe83

Reaction score
So if I select “Alt Ride Height” and I want to raise the bed back up an inch, will pressing the switch again bring it up?

Also, does the selection on the screen do the same thing as the switch on the dash?
Yes, it will go back to normal ride height

My knowledge of the rear air on a 3500 came from my 2018 truck, which did not have the bed lowering mode, and other options in the radio. My new truck should be delivered in a few weeks so I haven't seen how it's set up in the radio

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info Joe!

I’m going to be hauling my boat up to NY from North Miami Beach next week. I’ll post a pic when hooked up!

Users who are viewing this thread