Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

G’Dave

Reaction score
Same here, we are near Lambert Airport

Small world. I’m near the Galleria. All Star is my go to dealer. They also run an online store with much better prices then over-the-counter.
I buy all of my OEM stuff from them online, and then pick up at the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffM

Reaction score
So here's my 2021 Tradesman 2500 6.4 and 2021 Heritage Glen 314BUD.

Towed it last season and she certainly was a bear on the road. Short trips of about 4 hours was tolerable but that trip from NJ to FL was no fun at all even with the weight distributed pretty good. Instead of messing with another WDH, I bought this gooseneck conversion from BP Conversions. Awesome guy in TX makes them. I removed the Sway Pro and mounted a B&W gooseneck in the bed. All hooked up she tows night and day versus bumper pull. Zero sway at 65-70mph and no big rig suck zone down the highway. Now it's just a comfortable drive like I wanted.

Hindsight, should have bought a 5th wheel. But since we love this trailer so much, I wasn't up to taking a loss on the trade-in for a higher price 5th wheel.
IMG_2582.JPG

Attachments

• 81F1D2FB-84A9-4A5F-83CB-9385DC82BB89.jpeg
    81F1D2FB-84A9-4A5F-83CB-9385DC82BB89.jpeg
    747.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 2A7609F7-7455-4C65-9B08-DE807FBE4844.jpeg
    2A7609F7-7455-4C65-9B08-DE807FBE4844.jpeg
    603.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 1D76DDB7-CE01-444D-BFD1-B383FC7F7FC1.jpeg
    1D76DDB7-CE01-444D-BFD1-B383FC7F7FC1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:

gimmie11s

Reaction score

Towed it last season and she certainly was a bear on the road. Short trips of about 4 hours was tolerable but that trip from NJ to FL was no fun at all even with the weight distributed pretty good. Instead of messing with another WDH, I bought this gooseneck conversion from BP Conversions. Awesome guy in TX makes them. I removed the Sway Pro and mounted a B&W gooseneck in the bed. All hooked up she tows night and day versus bumper pull. Zero sway at 65-70mph and no big rig suck zone down the highway. Now it's just a comfortable drive like I wanted.

Hindsight, should have bought a 5th wheel. But since we love this trailer so much, I wasn't up to taking a loss on the trade-in for a higher price 5th wheel.
View attachment 38942

Wow, look at that. Never seen a conversion like that.

The tow difference between a 5'er/goose vs. bumper pull is so large its hard to put into words. There is NO comparison.

Looks like a great set up, congrats!

Ickabod

Reaction score

View attachment 38942
That is an awesome setup! I have never seen a conversion hitch like that. Do you have a link? Would this work with ramboxes you think?

JeffM

Reaction score
That is an awesome setup! I have never seen a conversion hitch like that. Do you have a link? Would this work with ramboxes you think?
Thanks! As long as you can mount the gooseneck adapter on the frame of the truck, you should be fine.

www.bpconversions.com he’s on Facebook as well.

The unit weighs about 350lbs and would take some muscle to install. My friend‘s shop used a forklift to hold it steady while we got the brackets on the frame. Took about an hour mounting to the trailer. Also they don’t ship residential as the thing is huge and takes a lift to get it off the truck. Or he has a couple dealers that keep stock and can do installs for $300.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Rausch Creek for the Krawlin for COPS charity event. My Dad is a retired PA State Trooper. The charity benefits family’s of fallen officers so im taking him with me for a nice father-son day of rock crawling for a good cause.
Awesome. Y’all have fun and be safe. My brother is in from Cali we are probably going to TN to ride

Users who are viewing this thread