Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

Jozzz

Reaction score
28f4fa602153689095ba7fa5786b72e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMC1

Reaction score
It's pretty hard to tell because it differs truck truck.

I'm on 35's with non slider. But I'm all the way down and forward
Thanks, That is where I was going to start. I have 35’s and a short bed. Is yours a short bed?

Greenhills

Reaction score
5th wheels tow sooooooooooooooooo nice compared to a large bumper pull RV. I hated losing the bed space when we upgraded to a 5er, but the tow experience is so much better.

No more feeling like youre getting blown off the highway every time a semi passes you.
This.

I towed a 17k Toyhauler (5th wheel) with my last SRW truck.. didn't even think about it. Downsized to a 3.5k Travel trailer... would rather pull the 5th wheel, all day long.

DMC1

Reaction score
Question time for slide-outs. Mine has the canopies on top of the slide-outs. How are you guys keeping water from pooling up on top of the larger canopy? We just had a big down pour and I noticed it sagging. I rolled the slide-out in and a huge gush of water came down. I have auto leveling so I’m not sure if I can tilt RV slightly to get drainage. I know you can tilt the large canopy on the door side. Any suggestions?

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Question time for slide-outs. Mine has the canopies on top of the slide-outs. How are you guys keeping water from pooling up on top of the larger canopy? We just had a big down pour and I noticed it sagging. I rolled the slide-out in and a huge gush of water came down. I have auto leveling so I’m not sure if I can tilt RV slightly to get drainage. I know you can tilt the large canopy on the door side. Any suggestions?
Most I have seen will build a little pvc tripod for the center.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Most I have seen will build a little pvc tripod for the center.
Good idea!

anderson0172

Reaction score
2017 Forest River 315 pack 12. This is my first 5er and was wondering if the amount of squat the truck is doing is ok? Truck is a 2020 3500 S.O......it pulled like a dream on the highway. I just pulled a TT 2 weeks ago that weighed about 3# less than the 5er and I could feel it swaying the rear end a little......this thing was solid down the highway......still wanted to run it past the experts here though!
View attachment 14987
I have a similar truck and getting ready to purchase a 5er. What hitch do you run? I was thinking auto slider because of the short bed. Thanks!

Ajohn1511

Reaction score
Does the "V" make much of a difference in mileage?

I can’t honestly say since the truck is new and this is the only trailer I’ve ever pulled with it. I would say it probably helps a little. However the Hemi is thirsty no matter. I think it’s better to have the V but I have no empirical evidence.

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
I can’t honestly say since the truck is new and this is the only trailer I’ve ever pulled with it. I would say it probably helps a little. However the Hemi is thirsty no matter. I think it’s better to have the V but I have no empirical evidence.

I was just curious, I've heard that it helps with enclosed trailers but atleast TT's have more slope on the front of the trailer. I had looked at a few of those V's when we purchased our current trailer but knew it was well beyond the capability of the 1500 I had then.
I can agree that this 6.4 is thirsty even without a trailer, though I didn't buy it for the mileage. Hoping to get the same mileage as the 1500 while towing though...just have to wait and see, planning our first trip for next weekend.

Ajohn1511

Reaction score
I was just curious, I've heard that it helps with enclosed trailers but atleast TT's have more slope on the front of the trailer. I had looked at a few of those V's when we purchased our current trailer but knew it was well beyond the capability of the 1500 I had then.
I can agree that this 6.4 is thirsty even without a trailer, though I didn't buy it for the mileage. Hoping to get the same mileage as the 1500 while towing though...just have to wait and see, planning our first trip for next weekend.
Good luck on the trip! Im doing a bunch of mods on the trailer and then I will be heading out. I have a remote IT job so Im going to travel for a while. As long as I have internet I can work from anywhere. When I log off I will be able to step outside and start hiking in beautiful locations.

whitexc

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty darn good gig. Have fun and be safe.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread