Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

UglyViking

Reaction score
Thank you! I appreciate it.
So there’s not much that’s too special about it. It’s just a 2020 peasant package PW.
The only things I’ve really done to it is a different winch line once I broke the Warn line and 35” Duratracs instead of the 33’s.

I swapped the flatbed onto it because I damaged my factory bed to the point where it was just time to fix it or replace it and since I use my truck everyday and work out of it and spend 90% of its time off-road, a flatbed made more sense than paying to fix the factory bed. I use it as a shop on wheels for fixing our equipment and alot of times machines will break where the majority of trucks won’t normally go and I use it as a toy on the weekends.

The flatbed is just a Norstar ST skirted model, I added the two side boxes and I had the drag tank/tool box in the bed of my old truck.
The side boards I built out of my old RB20 running boards after I crinkled them on a trail.
The flatbed allowed much more storage and organization than the factory bed as well as about 2” of gained ground clearance.

Future parts that are ordered and I’m waiting on are Fox 2.5’s, Ranch Hand replacement bumper, Sliders that I am building and airbags will be delivered tomorrow.
I threw a set of Timbrens on with my factory bed but the weight of the flatbed, a set of bags will be much more versatile.

View attachment 46286
View attachment 46287View attachment 46288
Curious how the PW handles the weight change. I realize you installed timbrens and are looking at airbags, which I think is a smart move, but looks like you also have a rather large aux tank back there. How's it feel when loaded up and towing? You get a lot of sway or porpoising? Also curious if you're dragging a lot while off road now, that skirted bed looks lower in the rear than factory, perhaps that is just my view?

UglyViking

Reaction score
It feels pretty soft. A lot of sway. The timbrens definitely help but not quite like bags.
I really don’t drag with the flatbed.
I have gained about 2” of clearance on the sides and 1” at the rear bumper loaded with 100 gallons of diesel + flatbed + atleast 300 pounds of tools.
Empty I am 1” gap between the timbres to the axle plate so with air bags I will have gained 3” of clearance with the flatbed depending on how you shake a stick at it.

Now towing my camper with the Timbrens I am doing a wheelie. Much better than factory bumps but definitely leaves room to be improved. That will be solved with air bags.

Another thought though, I am so used to driving and towing with duallys since that’s all I’ve owned up to this truck that to me, it feels like there is alot of sway but to other folks it might feel completely solid.
Based off what I’ve read on the forums I think it’s pretty squishy though.

View attachment 46292View attachment 46294View attachment 46293
Really dig the whole setup man! I feel similarly on the 2500 rear suspension. It's def soft, and you get a lot more movement back there when towing than you do with leafs (can't speak to dually as I've never owned one).

Good to hear about the ground clearance, and man you are just setup for perfection with everything!

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Future parts that are ordered and I’m waiting on are Fox 2.5’s, Ranch Hand replacement bumper, Sliders that I am building and airbags will be delivered tomorrow.
I threw a set of Timbrens on with my factory bed but the weight of the flatbed, a set of bags will be much more versatile.

Just curious which Ranch Hand bumper you're going with? I like my brush guard alot but I'm kicking around the idea of a replacement bumper. I really would like to be able to install a winch in it.

HW285PW

Reaction score
Just curious which Ranch Hand bumper you're going with? I like my brush guard alot but I'm kicking around the idea of a replacement bumper. I really would like to be able to install a winch in it.
I’m going to get the sport front bumper since it’s completely bolt up with an extension for the winch plug but with a wireless controller that will be solved.
I’ll take my factory fairlead and it will bolt up to the new bumper and I’ll leave my winch in its stock location. From the measurements I’ve taken on non-winch bumpers there should be plenty of room.
If that isn’t the case once it arrives then I’ll just clock the housing on my winch and mount it to the bumper though. 4C77F6CA-EC6C-46B9-8384-9B858249D553.jpeg

Hibiki54

Reaction score
hFlbpif.jpg

jetrinka

Reaction score

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
First diff service in the books, Power Wagon. Bro almost has his plow truck fully serviced and ready for winter, W200. $800 bucks, couple 100 hours later and its running, home built front bumper/plow setup and a flatbed. Frame shortened from a 8' for better plowing size.
F214FE7F-14BC-412F-8F39-297AB3587401.jpeg594501C0-9EF1-4870-A8F0-B09AE32162A9.jpeg

Last edited:

dieselscout80

Reaction score
First diff service in the books, Power Wagon. Bro almost has his plow truck fully serviced and ready for winter, W200. $800 bucks, couple 100 hours later and its running, home built front bumper/plow setup and a flatbed. Frame shortened from a 8' for better plowing size.
View attachment 47924View attachment 47925
Nice shop, how wide is the door and the whole shop?

Users who are viewing this thread