Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

el_barto

Reaction score
Yeah downside is it’s pretty busy trail, but it’sa fun trail with great views. Not super challenging or technical, a couple of narrow spots though.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Really need my Dethloff rack to show up so I can get the RTT mounted and back into action
How long have you been waiting? Really considering ordering the rack also. Website says 16weeks just trying to see how accurate their estimates are.

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
How long have you been waiting? Really considering ordering the rack also. Website says 16weeks just trying to see how accurate their estimates are.
I ordered mine on May 8th at that time the lead time said 12 weeks. Latest update put it around end of August. So seems to be that it’s following the 16 weeks that’s up on the site now.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same thing, it would be nice to tuck the exhaust closer to the hoop. Are you currently running aftermarket exhaust or oem? I really want to get rid of the resonator as well. Cant wait to see how yours turns out!

side note….so jealous of your garage, Mine barely fits in my driveway haha
I run the magnaflow center section (resonator). Perfect sound for me and not too loud.

Before my current house I lived in a townhouse with a 1 car garage. It's nice to have space to actually work now. The 8' tall garage door was an optioned an picked when building out the house. My truck wouldn't fit in a standard 7' garage door.

Looks great on red!

Hoping magnaflow decides to make an “overland” series high clearance exhaust for these trucks... when I emailed them they didn’t seem to there was much interest/many people were wheeling their Ram 2500s though :rolleyes:

I'm just going to cut mine with an angle grinder. I'll probably do it later today and post pics. Just need to make sure where the exhaust dumps out it doesn't melt anything.

Most people with 2500s don't do any serious off-roading (even power wagon owners) so I don't blame them.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
I ordered mine on May 8th at that time the lead time said 12 weeks. Latest update put it around end of August. So seems to be that it’s following the 16 weeks that’s up on the site now.
Dang wish it was one of of those instances of under promise over deliver, looking at both their skid (not sure if they addressed the 2021 issue yet) and the contour rack for the rambox bed. Still on the fence since its a lot of money. It was hard enough waiting the 10weeks for my sliders. I cant wait to see pics of yours when you get it!
I run the magnaflow center section (resonator). Perfect sound for me and not too loud.
Before my current house I lived in a townhouse with a 1 car garage. It's nice to have space to actually work now. The 8' tall garage door was an optioned an picked when building out the house. My truck wouldn't fit in a standard 7' garage door.
I'm just going to cut mine with an angle grinder. I'll probably do it later today and post pics. Just need to make sure where the exhaust dumps out it doesn't melt anything.

Most people with 2500s don't do any serious off-roading (even power wagon owners) so I don't blame them.
Do you happen to have the model number? Is it a resonator in place of the center muffler? If so, i think its exactly what i need!

unfortunately im relegated to having to wrench in my slightly sloped driveway which sucks!! (With the slope and the 7ft door there is no way to get it in), i get my sliders tomorrow so that should be fun…

Looking forward to seeing those pics! Ive crushed my fair share of tail pipes, not fun trying to reopen them on the trail with a pair of pliers haha (which reminds me I need to do something about the other rig, the end used to be completely flat)
25DC7A42-FE60-460F-905C-8B8E1FE1B303.jpeg

el_barto

Reaction score

I was thinking about just cutting mine, if I do I’ll probably take it off the truck to cut it. I nearly lost my thumb cutting the exhaust on my 66 Pontiac years back

Plenty of people out wheeling full size trucks here in Colorado...maybe not taking the xtreme-hardcore-xxx-double-black-diamond trails, but neither are most “overland” Tacoma’s and T4Rs

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the model number? Is it a resonator in place of the center muffler? If so, i think its exactly what i need!

unfortunately im relegated to having to wrench in my slightly sloped driveway which sucks!! (With the slope and the 7ft door there is no way to get it in), i get my sliders tomorrow so that should be fun…

Looking forward to seeing those pics! Ive crushed my fair share of tail pipes, not fun trying to reopen them on the trail with a pair of pliers haha (which reminds me I need to do something about the other rig, the end used to be completely flat)

Careful with the sliders. They are very heavy and awkward. You could hurt yourself if you drop them on your face and seriously damage the truck if they touch a body panel. I used jack stands to help hold them up and maneuver them under the truck. A second set of hands always helps.

Here is the center section that replaces the center resonator.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Does the magna flow muffler make the exhaust louder? Any noticable drone?
Is it quiet at cruise speed?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Does the magna flow muffler make the exhaust louder? Any noticable drone?
Is it quiet at cruise speed?

You mean the center section? If so...

Yes, louder. No drone that I could detect when I had AT tires and for sure no drone with 37" mud terrains lol.
I would call it quiet at cruise speeds. Very comfortable sound in my opinion. It wakes up though when you get on it. Perfect OEM+ sound for me.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
You mean the center section? If so...

Yes, louder. No drone that I could detect when I had AT tires and for sure no drone with 37" mud terrains lol.
I would call it quiet at cruise speeds. Very comfortable sound in my opinion. It wakes up though when you get on it. Perfect OEM+ sound for me.
I replaced the resonator with a straight pipe and rerouted the pipe to tuck up nicely to the bed side. Sound is a bit louder than stock, but not obnoxious. No drone.
The factory muffler dosent seem to be very restrictive. The resonator is straight thru so no restrictions there.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I replaced the resonator with a straight pipe and rerouted the pipe to tuck up nicely to the bed side. Sound is a bit louder than stock, but not obnoxious. No drone.
The factory muffler dosent seem to be very restrictive. The resonator is straight thru so no restrictions there.

Ah yes, I guess the center section is the muffler and the end piece is the resonator. My comments were for the center muffler section.

I was just trying to get a little more sound out of the V8. Freeing up any restrictions is just a bonus (a negligible one).

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Went under the truck with the angle grinder ready to cut my tip to get some more clearance, but the more I looked at it the more I realized I just need to re-route the whole pipe, after the resonator, up and into the corner of the bumper bar. So this will be an exhaust shop job since I want it welded and don't have a welder. I was thinking about getting a whole new resonator for more clearance, but I don't think it's an issue.

Took the heat shield off too. I liked having it on because it was one less thing for me to store in my garage. I may just toss it.

IMG_1918.jpg
IMG_1919.jpg

el_barto

Reaction score
You’ve got plenty of room to put that exhaust wherever you like with no spare

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
There's pictures in my build thread of how I tucked mine it. Can't get it much higher than what I did unless you shove it up under the bed and point it straight down, not sticking out the side.

el_barto

Reaction score
Yeah I think we want it all tucked up not hanging under the bed

Fishnerd

Reaction score
I wonder if something like this would work, ive been contemplating it for awhile since i smashed my other tailpipe. Just cut right before the resonator, and have it point down, even if it touched a rock it would just bend and come back to shape….

CFA31E5B-DF1C-4D17-8C50-1DD1F2DAB167.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread