Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

mcarey

Reaction score
20210716_131140.jpg
Went fishing on some small creeks in the back country, and did some camp site scouting.

Didn't think to take any photos till I came across this downed tree. Unfortunately I could have gotten some good ones in the rougher terrain and water crossing. Felt good to finally stretch the trucks legs a bit.

jadmt

Reaction score
That sounds about the same as how I run mine. I have the ARB slide for the 50, the one with the battery spot on it. Fits a Goal Zero 500x perfectly. So I charge the 500 which then powers the fridge. Looking forward to how you get your setup all dialed in.
so i scored a deal on a jackery 1000 a while back. I called Jackery and asked if they had any factory cosmetic blems and they sold me one for $500 shipped. I can not find anything on it that would indicate a blem. It keeps the arb 50 going for 4 days without a charge. It charges pretty fast with either 120V and 12V. I might get a solar panel but It is rare i would be stationary for more than 4 days without driving several hours so not sure if I want to spend the money. I had to have my battery and alternator replaced last week (under 9000 miles and only 11 months) so a little apprehensive about using the truck battery. In my jeep I never had an issue so probably just a fluke but just the same I feel 100% better with this set up.

el_barto

Reaction score
Got my new AEV rear bumper installed. Pain in the ass to install, but I think it looks great even with just 35s.

Attachments

• 16AABD00-8C4E-4DAB-ACFE-92966733BDCF.jpeg
    16AABD00-8C4E-4DAB-ACFE-92966733BDCF.jpeg
    431.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 1212C13E-0153-4412-BA36-DFE8351AD7CE.jpeg
    1212C13E-0153-4412-BA36-DFE8351AD7CE.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 117

el_barto

Reaction score
that truck is asking for a nice set of wheels.
Ehhh...If anything, I’ll powdercoat these stock ones silver . I don’t like the styling of most aftermarket wheels, and the stock ones tuck 35s with no rubbing. Most aftermarket have low offset which results in rubbing

jadmt

Reaction score
Ehhh...If anything, I’ll powdercoat these stock ones silver . I don’t like the styling of most aftermarket wheels, and the stock ones tuck 35s with no rubbing. Most aftermarket have low offset which results in rubbing
Aev has perfect offset no rubbing and if you like silver they come in silver.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Son and I went into our "backyard" in the mountains to do some random exploring. Came across a narrow trail up the mountainside. Found a small cutout with a great view and decided to pull the kitchen out and make some mac and cheese. I love being able to easily have all my gear and food with me 24/7.

IMG_1766.jpg
IMG_1795.jpg
IMG_1791.jpg
IMG_1804.jpg

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to decide what food to keep in the truck. Added.

I usually just buy the dehydrated meals. Midway had a great sale on the 170 servings meals. I bought 3 of them. Always good to have some emergency rations in the house and the truck. You just have to make sure you have a water source and a way to heat the water. I keep water, propane, camping stove on my truck for food.

If you're looking for an easier (more expensive) option along the same lines you can get the military style MRE with their own heating element. You still need water for the heating element to work, but when in the military I frequently ate them at room temperature without heating them. MREs do not have a long shelf life compared to dehydrated foods.

Looks like they are still on sale! This is a great deal. I may buy some more now.

Last edited:

el_barto

Reaction score
Looks great on red!

Hoping magnaflow decides to make an “overland” series high clearance exhaust for these trucks... when I emailed them they didn’t seem to there was much interest/many people were wheeling their Ram 2500s though :rolleyes:

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Soon, I'll try to swing by an exhaust shop and have them re-route the exhaust up higher to get more clearance. Or I may just chop off the last 8" or so at an angle and call it good.
I was thinking of doing the same thing, it would be nice to tuck the exhaust closer to the hoop. Are you currently running aftermarket exhaust or oem? I really want to get rid of the resonator as well. Cant wait to see how yours turns out!

side note….so jealous of your garage, Mine barely fits in my driveway haha

Users who are viewing this thread