Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Enve46

Reaction score
Got new shoes today. Had these on an LJ Rubicon in Florida that I drove highway daily and loved them. Pretty quiet for an MT, does well in rain and I got discount to price match at $380/tire. Now the fun starts with figuring out what PSI to run. They had them at 50 obviously per their standard, trying 45 front and 42 rear as that worked on the last tires. Will get a contact patch and work it out.

Also going on a trail ride Thursday afternoon, nothing serious but looking forward to getting this thing dirty

Attachments

• IMG_5623.jpeg
    IMG_5623.jpeg
    762.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5624.jpeg
    IMG_5624.jpeg
    629.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5625.jpeg
    IMG_5625.jpeg
    723.7 KB · Views: 91

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Got new shoes today. Had these on an LJ Rubicon in Florida that I drove highway daily and loved them. Pretty quiet for an MT, does well in rain and I got discount to price match at $380/tire. Now the fun starts with figuring out what PSI to run. They had them at 50 obviously per their standard, trying 45 front and 42 rear as that worked on the last tires. Will get a contact patch and work it out.

Also going on a trail ride Thursday afternoon, nothing serious but looking forward to getting this thing dirty
Are those 37x12.5? They look great on the truck!

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Man, I am so torn on running 35s vs 37s on mine. The 35s will keep everything happy power and towing-wise with zero mods required, but I worry they will still leave the wheel wells empty looking.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Man, I am so torn on running 35s vs 37s on mine. The 35s will keep everything happy power and towing-wise with zero mods required, but I worry they will still leave the wheel wells empty looking.
There are literally thousands of guys running 37s on power wagons without any mods. These new 8speeds are really a game changer as far as power band.

Enve46

Reaction score
If it’s even a debate, do 37s. I don’t feel the truck is underpowered cause of the 37s. Now of course the inner child wants a stroker installed but it’s not necessary. If you can find one to drive, I’d happy to let you drive mine if you are close

Skid51

Reaction score
If it’s even a debate, do 37s. I don’t feel the truck is underpowered cause of the 37s. Now of course the inner child wants a stroker installed but it’s not necessary. If you can find one to drive, I’d happy to let you drive mine if you are close
I’m inclined to 37’s, but want to keep front mudflaps. Anyone able to run 37x12.5’s (these would be AT’s on -18 to 25m offset rims) and not rub on mudflaps or mounting hardware? Seems the boltheads could be in the line of fire at partial or full lock (Sorry for the muddy pic, kinda slushy here)

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpeg
    IMG_3785.jpeg
    718.8 KB · Views: 51

Gbkbrasher

Reaction score
I’m inclined to 37’s, but want to keep front mudflaps. Anyone able to run 37x12.5’s (these would be AT’s on -18 to 25m offset rims) and not rub on mudflaps or mounting hardware? Seems the boltheads could be in the line of fire at partial or full lock (Sorry for the muddy pic, kinda slushy here)
Don’t have mud flaps but I can tell you those bottom two bolt heads will most likely interfere at that 45° angle reversing

Scottrhasel

Reaction score
2022 PW. 37x12.5r17 Falken Wildpeak R/T. Stock rims. Stock suspension. At full lock I BARELY touch the sway bar and radius arm. 40psi up front and 34 psi in the back seems to be the perfect psi after chalking the tires for road contact.

I haven’t done much for articulation yet other than a few parking lot curbs lol

These tires measure 36.7” tall and only 11.7” wide. I’m guessing that’s why they aren’t rubbing. They are 12.5’s but only measure 11.7”
IMG_3427.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    671.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3425.jpeg
    IMG_3425.jpeg
    761.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3426.jpeg
    IMG_3426.jpeg
    631.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
2022 PW. 37x12.5r17 Falken Wildpeak R/T. Stock rims. Stock suspension. At full lock I BARELY touch the sway bar and radius arm. 40psi up front and 34 psi in the back seems to be the perfect psi after chalking the tires for road contact.

I haven’t done much for articulation yet other than a few parking lot curbs lol

These tires measure 36.7” tall and only 11.7” wide. I’m guessing that’s why they aren’t rubbing. They are 12.5’s but only measure 11.7”
View attachment 70317
Damn good looking truck. Crazy you can run small-ish 37s on there with little-to-no rubbing. I'm torn what to do with mine when the time comes. I know 35s will keep towing and power happy, buy so hard to pass up the look of how 37s fill the wheelwell.

God bless you for going with a black paint. After 4 black GM trucks, I gave up on trying to keep it clean all the time. The PW is hydro blue and I love it. I'm down to just the 2015 Camaro in black and the never ending battle of keeping it clean looking.

Enve46

Reaction score
Beautiful colour.
Dude you need some mudguards :)
Thanks! I have some that don’t fit, does that count? Hahaha I’ve thought about getting others but weathertech is the only one that I like and they don’t fit power wagons.

Scottrhasel

Reaction score
Damn good looking truck. Crazy you can run small-ish 37s on there with little-to-no rubbing. I'm torn what to do with mine when the time comes. I know 35s will keep towing and power happy, buy so hard to pass up the look of how 37s fill the wheelwell.

God bless you for going with a black paint. After 4 black GM trucks, I gave up on trying to keep it clean all the time. The PW is hydro blue and I love it. I'm down to just the 2015 Camaro in black and the never ending battle of keeping it clean looking.
Thanks man! Haha yes the black stays clean for 1-2 days if I’m lucky. But when it’s clean I love the look of the black. I would recommend the 37s. I had 35s and the way the 37s fill out the wheel well just doesn’t compare. Much happier with the look and haven’t noticed any power decrease.

I reset the TCM after the install to have the transmission relearn its shift points. Seems to have worked well.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Thanks! I have some that don’t fit, does that count? Hahaha I’ve thought about getting others but weathertech is the only one that I like and they don’t fit power wagons.
Check RokBlokz. I’m a fan of them and they fit great.

Skid51

Reaction score
Don’t have mud flaps but I can tell you those bottom two bolt heads will most likely interfere at that 45° angle reversing
Would going with 37x11.5’s clear those mudflap bolt heads? Also does a 37x11.5 (on OEM rims) avoid rubbing the radius arms? I am leaning to a skinnier A/T tire in any event for winter performance. Would like to make 37’s work but do want to stick with stock rims and keep front mudflaps for now.

Users who are viewing this thread