Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

DrTron

Reaction score
Nitto Recon Grappler 35x12.50r17
I chose the same for my PW. Very happy with them.
Only issue (but with AT tires in general) is that when driving on gravel, it gets stuck in the thread and is ejected into the wheel well when one is back on the highway.
But I wasn't able to find any tires with a road thread pattern in that size (yes, I'm aware that it's a Power Wagon...)

Lord muta

Reaction score
I chose the same for my PW. Very happy with them.
Only issue (but with AT tires in general) is that when driving on gravel, it gets stuck in the thread and is ejected into the wheel well when one is back on the highway.
But I wasn't able to find any tires with a road thread pattern in that size (yes, I'm aware that it's a Power Wagon...)
I love my Cooper STT Pro's
strait up mud tires though. Not very loud considering. I need an alignment and a rotation but they are amazazing.

Muta

Attachments

• Head on.jpg
    Head on.jpg
    702.8 KB · Views: 76

PhishWagon

Reaction score
Took a while to get photos posted. 22 PW with 35” Nitto Ridge Graplers, 20” XD wheels, level kit. Did the full PW graphic delete and added the smart cap canopy to keep the gear dry in the PNW rain. Loving this truck!

Attachments

• IMG_9420.jpeg
    IMG_9420.jpeg
    999.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_9419.jpeg
    IMG_9419.jpeg
    816.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_9417.jpeg
    IMG_9417.jpeg
    621.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8524.jpeg
    IMG_8524.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Skid51

Reaction score
That’s a great shot of a classic butt clench spot on that trail. So I just finished up a week in Moab. Mostly mtn biking but rented a SxS one day and did two laps each of Fins n Things and Hells Revenge. Also e-biked the Poison Spider Jeep trail (not that great on a bike, too much sand). All great fun but was thinking a lot on how a PW would fare. I figured a PW with 35’s could handle up to the local “4” tail rating (ie Fins n Things) but may get some scrapes/dings/pinstripes beyond that. It’s just that much wider than the legions of Jeeps and Toyotas poking around there and has more rear overhang and a longer breakover. So how is the PW in the tighter waterfall/ big shelf corkscrews and did you get much rear bumper scrape when coming off the many sharp transitions from wall down to flats? Yes, I’ve seen the YouTube of a fellow doing High Dive in a PW but that’s an exceptional effort. I expect to be closing on a PW soon and it would see Moab action next spring.

TrailWhale

Reaction score
That’s a great shot of a classic butt clench spot on that trail. So I just finished up a week in Moab. Mostly mtn biking but rented a SxS one day and did two laps each of Fins n Things and Hells Revenge. Also e-biked the Poison Spider Jeep trail (not that great on a bike, too much sand). All great fun but was thinking a lot on how a PW would fare. I figured a PW with 35’s could handle up to the local “4” tail rating (ie Fins n Things) but may get some scrapes/dings/pinstripes beyond that. It’s just that much wider than the legions of Jeeps and Toyotas poking around there and has more rear overhang and a longer breakover. So how is the PW in the tighter waterfall/ big shelf corkscrews and did you get much rear bumper scrape when coming off the many sharp transitions from wall down to flats? Yes, I’ve seen the YouTube of a fellow doing High Dive in a PW but that’s an exceptional effort. I expect to be closing on a PW soon and it would see Moab action next spring.
I think we both had a couple of scrapes on the rear. The plastic lip under the bumper took a little abuse but nothing major. I did lose my retractable bed step on Hells Revenge a few years back.

Below is a short clip from the exit of Hell’s Revenge (thanks @austins_dreams). You can see how close the rear comes on some of the drops.

Lord muta

Reaction score
It's from Expedition One, thanks!
Crap! I just looked up how much I'd have to spend to get what I want...... It's on Pause for a few. got a daughter in College and this isn't in my budget.... this next 2 quarters lol... after that it's planned lol

Skid51

Reaction score
My new PW should arrive in a couple of weeks. I’m pretty excited! I posted a few of my noob questions under another thread but will add my specific 35’s/37’s/winter tire related queries here as tires are something I want to sort out immediately, in time for delivery. My criteria /constraints are: a) will definitely go to 35’s or 37’s and will do a moderate level of local off-roading and an annual Moab or similar road trip, b) I live in a smaller town in the Canadian Rockies and see some serious snow and ice/hard pack conditions in the main hwy passes and in driving access roads to trailheads. Honestly 80% of our winter daily driving is dry/wet roads but some of the 20%, and which part is usually unavoidable, can get very sketch.

My current Yukon runs dedicated winter Blizzaks 6+ months of the year, and summer A/T’s in the remainder. But before I look at the two sets of wheels options for the PW, is there any forum experience on if there is a particular 35” 3PMSF A/T or R/T tire that is a clear standout in winter conditions and is still decent for summer 4x4’ing, generally on rocky, loose trails, but little mud? My research shows generally good winter reviews on Wildpeaks and Duratracs but nothing clearly differentiating. This unicorn would be my least expensive and lowest hassle option.

Otherwise if I go to dedicated winter and summer sets, I see my options as:
  1. Sell the OEM 33” Duratracs, put 35” Hakkapellitta’s (maybe studded) on the OEM 17x8’s, put 37” A/T’s or R/T’s on some new +18 offset rims. This options gives the most targeted outcomes, but is the most expensive route.
  2. Close my eyes and just fire studs into the OEM 33” Duratracs. Again, get another set of rims & tires for summer use. Less expensive off the bat than #1 but I think adding studs vs having a winter tire designed around factory studs might result a lot more road noise in the dry.
All views and other options welcome… thanks in advance. The knowledge is awesome on this forum and helped me a ton in making the truck choice.

Users who are viewing this thread