Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

IowaPW

Reaction score
If anyone has a 17" steel spare wheel they want to get rid of, let me know.

jetrinka

Reaction score
To those who switched to 35's, what did you notice as far as a difference in how the truck drives down the road? As in does it wander more/less? General road manners observations?

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
To those who switched to 35's, what did you notice as far as a difference in how the truck drives down the road? As in does it wander more/less? General road manners observations?
I drove on the stock Duratracs for about 3500 miles before installing the 35s. I can say the 35s do not wander like the OEM Duratracs. I did a 1500 mile road trip with the Duratracs and have done a road trip with the 35s since switching and overall they feel better. The larger tires roll over road imperfections better to me. I think the biggest help was getting the alignment set to the Thuren spec. Moving away from the road manors, I can definitely feel the loss of acceleration with the bigger tires, braking feels about the same. Tires are Mickey Thompson Baja ATs

Hegear

Reaction score
Likely better off with new wheels, I just really like the 75th AE wheels I have. I'll also wear out these 35s before I buy 37s. Next thing I need to look into is a low-pro sharkfin so I can still fit in the parking garage at work. I doubt that's even a thing though.
I too like the 75th anniversary wheels, did you or Anyone else ever try the spacers With 37’s?

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
How you like the difference in the way it drives?
Love it, I expected it to be a lot rougher over bumps, especially transverse bumps, like pulling into a gas station driveway at an angle and such. Its not a sedan, but its really not that bad either. I really need my Tazer Ram to reprogram tire size, the transmission is very confused. The truck corners about like a 7000 pound, top heavy monster on 37's, but its not uncomfortable and I'm used to lifted jeeps. The big tires have smoothed out a lot of bumps too. things like highway marker dots make noise but don't really transmit and vibration to the cab. Very pleased so far.

I started a build thread, there's lots of pics of my power wagon doing power wagon stuff.

Loosebolts

Reaction score
Love it, I expected it to be a lot rougher over bumps, especially transverse bumps, like pulling into a gas station driveway at an angle and such. Its not a sedan, but its really not that bad either. I really need my Tazer Ram to reprogram tire size, the transmission is very confused. The truck corners about like a 7000 pound, top heavy monster on 37's, but its not uncomfortable and I'm used to lifted jeeps. The big tires have smoothed out a lot of bumps too. things like highway marker dots make noise but don't really transmit and vibration to the cab. Very pleased so far.

I started a build thread, there's lots of pics of my power wagon doing power wagon stuff.
Hey brotha are these the 17x8.5 or the 17x10 I’m ordering some not to copy your style but they are the least expensive I’ve seen anywhere with the dimensions needed and in stock, I’m wanting to mount 37s ASAP

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Hey brotha are these the 17x8.5 or the 17x10 I’m ordering some not to copy your style but they are the least expensive I’ve seen anywhere with the dimensions needed and in stock, I’m wanting to mount 37s ASAP
These are 17x8.5

Last edited:

STL-PW

Reaction score
22 PW with AEV and 37 x 13.5 Toyo Open Country RT. 1.5 spacer lift in front and 1 inch on the back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread