Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

el_barto

Reaction score
looks like a tradesman with power wagon option...I almost went with that one but liked the interior better but not sure it was worth the extra $5000. The tradesman was $45K vs $50K OTD for the PW. Plus the Tradesman has a much nicer grill in my opinion.
I was wanting the Tradesman PW initially too, but the extra value in the extra couple thousand was worth it IMO.
In addition to nicer interior materials/dashboard/door cards/etc...is standard LED headlamps, LED fog lamps, LED tail lamps, front and rear parking sensors, power sliding rear window, 120V inverter...worth the extra cost.
Plus some features I wanted are not available on tradesman: heated seats and heated steering wheel, remote start, alpine sound system.

jadmt

Reaction score
I was wanting the Tradesman PW initially too, but the extra value in the extra couple thousand was worth it IMO.
In addition to nicer interior materials/dashboard/door cards/etc...is standard LED headlamps, LED fog lamps, LED tail lamps, front and rear parking sensors, power sliding rear window, 120V inverter...worth the extra cost.
Plus some features I wanted are not available on tradesman: heated seats and heated steering wheel, remote start, alpine sound system.
agreed there were enough niceties with the PW that I am glad with the way I went too. I do however love the grill on the Tradesman and wish the PW had the same grill. I also like the black bumpers but those would be easy to swap out especially if wanting to go AEV or something like that. It is funny in my area PW are everywhere and I just got back from a trip that took me thru Montana, Minnesota, both Dakotas, Wyoming and Wisconsin and I don't think I saw more than a couple of PW. In Western Montana I see them every day.

el_barto

Reaction score
agreed there were enough niceties with the PW that I am glad with the way I went too. I do however love the grill on the Tradesman and wish the PW had the same grill. I also like the black bumpers but those would be easy to swap out especially if wanting to go AEV or something like that. It is funny in my area PW are everywhere and I just got back from a trip that took me thru Montana, Minnesota, both Dakotas, Wyoming and Wisconsin and I don't think I saw more than a couple of PW. In Western Montana I see them every day.
Yep I also see a couple a day here in Colorado

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Once I ordered mine back in April, I started noticing the RAM trucks. But only saw 1 PW.
In the last 2 weeks, I've seen 2 here in town. A white one and a Delmonico Red one. :mad:
So now there are 2 delmonico red PWs in town. But mines a 75th. :cool:

Bamaprof

Reaction score

el_barto

Reaction score
Front plastic as In the air dam? Shoot just take the whole dang thing off! I think the truck looks much better without it!

Bamaprof

Reaction score
Front plastic as In the air dam? Shoot just take the whole dang thing off! I think the truck looks much better without it!
Only the rear so far. I suspect front air dam will not be on much longer

MtnRider

Reaction score

Plastic front wheel well liner needs to be trimmed on the backside in most cases.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score

These are all good points. I went Tradesman because I really would rather have the truck as simple as possible like my Wrangler. The more simple, the less chance of things going wrong in the bush. Also, I am a fan of the Tradesman's grill.

I am loving the all vinyl interior with dogs, beach and camping trips. I will add LED headlights at some point I think but these aren't terrible either.

20210808_081817.jpg

jadmt

Reaction score
These are all good points. I went Tradesman because I really would rather have the truck as simple as possible like my Wrangler. The more simple, the less chance of things going wrong in the bush. Also, I am a fan of the Tradesman's grill.

I am loving the all vinyl interior with dogs, beach and camping trips. I will add LED headlights at some point I think but these aren't terrible either.

View attachment 20452
unfortunately the same thing that will strand you in the bush is going to be your computer so probably exactly the same likely hood on any modern model. ECU/ craps the bed and you are dead in the water.

el_barto

Reaction score
unfortunately the same thing that will strand you in the bush is going to be your computer so probably exactly the same likely hood on any modern model. ECU/ craps the bed and you are dead in the water.
IMHO... this.
It’s not like a Tradesman PW gets you traditional suspension vs air/dynamic, or manual transfer case vs electronic(and even that is somewhat debatable given there are electronics required beyond the mechanical shifter to actually engage 4WD), or HVAC knobs vs touchscreen controls, or even manual crank windows...for the most part it’s the same truck just a bit less Lux and decontented. If my power folding mirrors stop working, the truck still works the same.
I think it’s a great option for a work truck that needs off-road capability though.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Modern electronics are more reliable than their mechanical counterparts of old. The question is, when they do go down how difficult is the repair? Swap in and out a module, sensor, harness, etc....

jadmt

Reaction score
Modern electronics are more reliable than their mechanical counterparts of old. The question is, when they do go down how difficult is the repair? Swap in and out a module, sensor, harness, etc....
even trying to locate some of the modules and sensors is about impossible let alone having one on hand. If your ecm goes it has to be programmed so even if you managed to have one it would not work. I had something interesting happen to me last month on my 2020. I pulled out of the garage shut my truck off to finish loading stuff for a camping trip which only took a few minutes. Probably sat for 1/2 hour with no power plugged in ie no phones etc. go to start and deader than a door nail. less than a year old and under 9000 miles at the time. I jump start it which it started right up but then would not go into gear it was locked in neutral. let it idle for 1/2 hour thinking maybe the battery needed more charge but still nothing could not get it in drive or reverse or neutral. Hooked up my Noco genius smart charger but that would not start charging, being a smart charger and all it detected something was not right. I had started a couple more times and it finally went in to gear. My dash lights were on but all seemed fine. drove several hours and check engine went off. camped for a couple of days and bam battery dead again. same song and dance minus trying the smart charger. ended up needing a new battery and alternator. What are the odds of having those with you in the middle of no where. I did find out that if your battery goes dead and you jump it you have to do a couple stop starts before you can put it in gear. This is not an argument for old vs new, it is just a statement how fragile these things are and makes me nervous to go off the grid solo or even with someone. Some places you are not going to get a tow truck or AAA or whatever. Glad it did not happen when I was in Moab on the White rim trail.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
even trying to locate some of the modules and sensors is about impossible let alone having one on hand. If your ecm goes it has to be programmed so even if you managed to have one it would not work. I had something interesting happen to me last month on my 2020. I pulled out of the garage shut my truck off to finish loading stuff for a camping trip which only took a few minutes. Probably sat for 1/2 hour with no power plugged in ie no phones etc. go to start and deader than a door nail. less than a year old and under 9000 miles at the time. I jump start it which it started right up but then would not go into gear it was locked in neutral. let it idle for 1/2 hour thinking maybe the battery needed more charge but still nothing could not get it in drive or reverse or neutral. Hooked up my Noco genius smart charger but that would not start charging, being a smart charger and all it detected something was not right. I had started a couple more times and it finally went in to gear. My dash lights were on but all seemed fine. drove several hours and check engine went off. camped for a couple of days and bam battery dead again. same song and dance minus trying the smart charger. ended up needing a new battery and alternator. What are the odds of having those with you in the middle of no where. I did find out that if your battery goes dead and you jump it you have to do a couple stop starts before you can put it in gear. This is not an argument for old vs new, it is just a statement how fragile these things are and makes me nervous to go off the grid solo or even with someone. Some places you are not going to get a tow truck or AAA or whatever. Glad it did not happen when I was in Moab on the White rim trail.

Yes, that's my fear since I go out alone so much. I need to get a GPS emergency beacon.

I can't think of anything the Power Wagon has that the the Tradesman with the PW trim doesn't have that would get you stranded.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yes, that's my fear since I go out alone so much. I need to get a GPS emergency beacon.

I can't think of anything the Power Wagon has that the the Tradesman with the PW trim doesn't have that would get you stranded.

That's why I travel in a like minded group. If something happens, we can at least be misrable together. :oops:

I go down to distant uninhabited areas in Baja. Some I'm not even sure GPS work in.

Users who are viewing this thread