Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Koons 6.5% below invoice

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from Koons in Virginia? (DC)
They are offering 6.5% below invoice with Tread Lightly and state a $899 processing fee.
I know Grainger and MD are offering 4% below invoice.
What have you ran into regarding any other fees from these dealers? and who has the best communication and tells the truth lol (if they even know)
I stopped by my small town local dealer here today and he offered to do $2500 under invoice on a ordered $100k MSRP truck (which is what I'm looking to buy) and I will consider doing that just to keep my business local.
I'm also working a deal on a 22 on the lot...
I don't mind waiting a few months for a truck but I'm gonna need it by April....
What to do, What to do ??? LOL

areuriding

Reaction score
Koons order here. Look at groupbuy discussion and follow the process and you'll get a break down and final OTD price. I ordered from them and it was painless. Now if I can just get my new PW built and shipped that would be great.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Koons order here. Look at groupbuy discussion and follow the process and you'll get a break down and final OTD price. I ordered from them and it was painless. Now if I can just get my new PW built and shipped that would be great.

Does this 6.5% require that you finance with them?

mugello21

Reaction score
I don't believe you have to use their financing as I am not planning to finance anywhere, you do have to be a Tread Lightly member to get the additional .5% on top of the 6%
Sorry you dont have to finance with them but if you want extra 1k off you do.

mugello21

Reaction score
The higher rates tho will cost you a few hundred if you keep it the minimum hold time though..
My deal states chrysler financing. So if they are offering 0% i dont particularly care. Either way i will just refinance the week I leave the dealer. They cant do anything about it once the money is disbursed.

jebruns

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from Koons in Virginia? (DC)
They are offering 6.5% below invoice with Tread Lightly and state a $899 processing fee.
I know Grainger and MD are offering 4% below invoice.
What have you ran into regarding any other fees from these dealers? and who has the best communication and tells the truth lol (if they even know)
I stopped by my small town local dealer here today and he offered to do $2500 under invoice on a ordered $100k MSRP truck (which is what I'm looking to buy) and I will consider doing that just to keep my business local.
I don't mind waiting a few months for a truck but I'm gonna need it by April....
Sounds like a good deal from Koons, but their fees are very high. I got my 22 through Ganger and their fees total $225. So I'd suggest getting a quote on the truck you want from Koons, Granger and Mark Dodge. Make sure you ask for any additional fees.

Last edited:

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
if you need it by April 23, don’t order it. Find something on the lot. Who knows when it’ll actually show up.

But if you do order make sure your dealerships locks the price in when you order.

bmidd31

Reaction score
Koons order here and zero issues. Fees seem high but typical int the MD/DC/VA region. Still a smoking deal. I'm in central MD so it's was a no brainer.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
The same Koons that had a class-action lawsuit against them for some kind of “junk fee”? I believe they settled a “no fault” agreement and to pay 1.6mil back or something like that….?

Bcrouse

Reaction score
The same Koons that had a class-action lawsuit against them for some kind of “junk fee”? I believe they settled a “no fault” agreement and to pay 1.6mil back or something like that….?

It was against Koonms Kia, but looks like part of the same overall automotive group

There appears to also be a class action related to a data breach of Koon’s customer data

762fmj

Reaction score
My truck came from MD, but my jeep was from Craig at Koons in 2017. Was very easy to work with. Even with fees it came out a couple hundred less than MD on my Ram, but went with MD anyway so we could make a trip to NOLA.

44Dan44

Reaction score
I went with Koons for the following reasons:
1. 6% below invoice
2. They price protect
3. Just about an hour away from me
4. Generally great feedback across several forums
5. I have been totally disgusted looking on dealer lots for the past year with "market adjustments" across all brands.

The fee is $899 Processing Fee is craptastic but net/net its a big win for me over the the other choices available. Also included with sales tax is a Gross Receipts Tax (.17%) imposed by Fairfax county. But in the end my math is this, 6% vs 4% was a difference of $1140 (in my case) which kills the processing fee and keeps a few hundred in my pocket. Imagine it at 6.5% for a loaded Limited vs my Tradesman, the numbers change to approx a $2300 difference, that's not nothing! And with 3 major international airports within minutes of the dealership I could see some major savings on flights if you were coming from across the country versus flying in to more rural areas.

So far, easy order, great communication, had my Von same day, had the Vin in 3 days. I can't ask for more from an ordering dealer, what comes next is beyond their control.

wormbat

Reaction score
When I was pricing out a 3500 at the end of September Koons required financing of at least 50% of the MSRP with minimum of 3 payments. My trade would have made that impossible so went with another dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread