Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kinda funny but not so much

mike12193

Reaction score
So I needed to order a new tailgate cap for my 2022 3500. I ordered from BAM wholesale parts who had a pretty good price and charged $30 bucks for shipping. Look at what I got. That was stuffed in a box almost half its size. Amazing!!cap.jpg

Last edited:

Darkside

Reaction score
When I had to replace mine I went right to the dealer and it only cost me around $40 total for the part.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So I needed to order a new tailgate cap for my 2022 3500. I ordered from BAM wholesale parts who had a pretty good price and charged $30 bucks for shipping. Look at what I got. That was stuffed in a box almost half its size. Amazing!!View attachment 60176

Very mishandled during shipping...
I had something show up broken from them because of the shipper.
I contacted them with a pic and they immediately sent out a new part.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Very mishandled during shipping...
I had something show up broken from them because of the shipper.
I contacted them with a pic and they immediately sent out a new part.
That definitely didn’t happen during shipping, and wasn’t the shipping company’s fault. Whoever packed the box at the Mopar supply house didn’t want to put it in a 6’ long box, so they purposely folded it so they could get it into a shorter shipping box.

gprguy

Reaction score
IMG_5280.jpeg

Two 80" long brake lines from BAM, shoved/squished into a 75" box turning them into silly straws. BAM has been great to work with on returns but they have a problem in their packing/shipping department.

Edit: It's not just BAM either, I've had the same problem with several suppliers.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
That definitely didn’t happen during shipping, and wasn’t the shipping company’s fault. Whoever packed the box at the Mopar supply house didn’t want to put it in a 6’ long box, so they purposely folded it so they could get it into a shorter shipping box.

I guess I'm just not seeing the 'shorter' container... just the cap in the container folded.
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 60204

Two 80" long brake lines from BAM, shoved/squished into a 75" box turning them into silly straws. BAM has been great to work with on returns but they have a problem in their packing/shipping department.

Edit: It's not just BAM either, I've had the same problem with several suppliers.

So very many of them are all using the same (regional) fulfillment centers so it's not the seller per se, it's the packers at those warehouses.

The seller needs to get on the warehouse regarding these issues. I don't know how those contracts are set up, but I would expect the fulfillment center would have to eat anything they broke if they don't use the OEM packaging.

gprguy

Reaction score
I wish I could blame my woes on one idiot at one warehouse.. But I am in Washington (state), and my BAM stuff ships from Ohio, Mopar Parts Giant from Arizona. So there's no regional commonality there.

jeffn

Reaction score
I ordered a new wheel and tire for my trailer from etrailer.com. Got the notification that it was delivered, but it wasn’t. The guy on customer service actually asked me “Did you look all around your front door?“. It is a 16” wheel and tire, if I didn’t trip over it walking in, then it wasn’t delivered.

I am still arguing with them about a replacement. This is the first time I have had a problem with etrailer and what I am finding is that they dig in their heels.

Steevo

Reaction score
I ordered a new wheel and tire for my trailer from etrailer.com. Got the notification that it was delivered, but it wasn’t. The guy on customer service actually asked me “Did you look all around your front door?“. It is a 16” wheel and tire, if I didn’t trip over it walking in, then it wasn’t delivered.

I am still arguing with them about a replacement. This is the first time I have had a problem with etrailer and what I am finding is that they dig in their heels.
Yeah, and their Price match guarantee is complete BS!

popeye2002

Reaction score
I have a chrome hood bug deflector on order from Jegs, Hope the $10 oversize addon fee keeps it in good shape and not like so many others have experienced. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread