Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just about finished with the 23 3500 build

jimblack

Reaction score
Just bought a new 23 3500. Wasn't really shopping but found a deal for over 16K off of MSRP and it was exactly what I would have ordered so I picked it up. It's identical to my 15, 3500 and I had it set up just like wanted it.
So here is what I have done:
All Carli Suspension. 3.25" coils, King 2.5, Sway bar, Track bar, Radius arms, Add a pack, Long bags, steering stabilizer hi & low.
S&B 52 gallon tank and Cold Air intake.
Rigid flush mount back up lights.
Baja designs 20" light bar.
AirLift onboard compressor EZ7400
OEM Bed lights
Recon White Cab lights
Toyo MT 38x13.5x18
Method 701 HD 18x9
AMP research EXTREME steps

Still to add:
Bushwacker flares
PPF wrap in Matte
Tint

Gained right at 6" on front and rear over stock.

Been a fun build. Sad to see my 15, 3500 go, but thats what it takes i guess.

Attachments

• IMG_1223.jpeg
    IMG_1223.jpeg
    568.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1298.jpeg
    IMG_1298.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1322.jpeg
    IMG_1322.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1338.jpeg
    IMG_1338.jpeg
    598.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1430.jpeg
    IMG_1430.jpeg
    535.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1429.jpeg
    IMG_1429.jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1431.jpeg
    IMG_1431.jpeg
    428 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1436.jpeg
    IMG_1436.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1194.jpeg
    IMG_1194.jpeg
    552.4 KB · Views: 109

Jqueen

Reaction score
Mine is on that track as well. Most of what you have done is complete. Good ideas for my future add one.

Sweet ride

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
Magnificent sir. If only I had money and time. Lmao. Really looks spectacular.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

tchur1

Reaction score
Looks great! Would love to hear your initial impressions ride quality over stock. I know its hard to quantify but my wife hates how my truck rides today so trying to see if the investment it worth it.

jimblack

Reaction score
Looks great! Would love to hear your initial impressions ride quality over stock. I know its hard to quantify but my wife hates how my truck rides today so trying to see if the investment it worth it.
The stock ride on 1 tons are awful. Like riding a horse. Even with all the new suspension, you are still driving a 1 ton. It's all in what you expect i guess. I've been driving a 1 ton for 10 years and just expect it to ride rough. They only ride good when loaded with a couple thousand pounds. However, with all that said, the aftermarket suspension gives it the best ride you can possibly get. Carli/Thuren and Kings are superior products over stock by a long shot.
Lower tire pressure and weight in the bed is about the best advice I can give if looking for a better ride.

Reaction score
Wow that truck is perfect. Seriously. Bravo

Review on the S&B CAI please? I’m thinking of doing it, just don’t want any negatives like CEL or warranty problems. Hoping for more turbo sound and some slight increase in throttle response and mpg. Thanks.

jimblack

Reaction score
Wow that truck is perfect. Seriously. Bravo

Review on the S&B CAI please? I’m thinking of doing it, just don’t want any negatives like CEL or warranty problems. Hoping for more turbo sound and some slight increase in throttle response and mpg. Thanks.
Thank you.
I ran a AFE on my 2015 Cummins. It was LOUD. However, I have not removed the side cover nor the top cover on the S&B. I will most likely start with the side cover then the top cover if not loud enough. As far as Throttle response, its hard to tell because it was put on a nearly new truck. No codes. Shouldn't ever be a warranty issue, but that is relative.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Just bought a new 23 3500. Wasn't really shopping but found a deal for over 16K off of MSRP and it was exactly what I would have ordered so I picked it up. It's identical to my 15, 3500 and I had it set up just like wanted it.
So here is what I have done:
All Carli Suspension. 3.25" coils, King 2.5, Sway bar, Track bar, Radius arms, Add a pack, Long bags, steering stabilizer hi & low.
S&B 52 gallon tank and Cold Air intake.
Rigid flush mount back up lights.
Baja designs 20" light bar.
AirLift onboard compressor EZ7400
OEM Bed lights
Recon White Cab lights
Toyo MT 38x13.5x18
Method 701 HD 18x9
AMP research EXTREME steps

Still to add:
Bushwacker flares
PPF wrap in Matte
Tint

Gained right at 6" on front and rear over stock.

Been a fun build. Sad to see my 15, 3500 go, but thats what it takes i guess.
Do you have the 1” block also with your add a pack? I also have the add a pack but didn’t use the block and interested in the long travel bags. Just not sure if I’ll have enough room with only the 1” lift the add a pack gave.

jimblack

Reaction score
Do you have the 1” block also with your add a pack? I also have the add a pack but didn’t use the block and interested in the long travel bags. Just not sure if I’ll have enough room with only the 1” lift the add a pack gave.
Yes on the blocks. i went from 42.75" from floor to wheel well in back to 48 with the 1" block and add a pack. When you air up these bags, its crazy how much they raise the truck when empty. I keep them down around 15lbs.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Yes on the blocks. i went from 42.75" from floor to wheel well in back to 48 with the 1" block and add a pack. When you air up these bags, its crazy how much they raise the truck when empty. I keep them down around 15lbs.
Thanks for the reply, I currently have timbergrove airbags and was just thinking about switching to Carli bags. I only lose about 1” of down travel with mine connected at the axle so not too concerned. Was more after the smoother function of Carli’s tapered bags vs the double bellows for when unloaded. I run my bags at 0psi at ride height as when compressed they will still build a little pressure and not completely collapse.

Users who are viewing this thread