Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there anyway to turn off the key fob signal ?

unclelala

Reaction score
I have had a Faraday key pouch for a year now and have checked to make sure it works from time to time and discovered its leaking the fob signal now. After looking into these pouches they work good at first but after being shoved in your pocket several hundred times they lose their effectiveness.
Toyota key fobs can turn off their signal by holding down the lock button and tapping the unlock button twice.
I would like to be able to do this on the Ram as opposed to using those unreliable Faraday key pouches or maybe only using the pouch when out and about.
For temporary security Im putting our fobs in stainless steel cocktail shaker
So does Ram have such a fob trick?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I have had a Faraday key pouch for a year now and have checked to make sure it works from time to time and discovered its leaking the fob signal now. After looking into these pouches they work good at first but after being shoved in your pocket several hundred times they lose their effectiveness.
Toyota key fobs can turn off their signal by holding down the lock button and tapping the unlock button twice.
I would like to be able to do this on the Ram as opposed to using those unreliable Faraday key pouches or maybe only using the pouch when out and about.
For temporary security Im putting our fobs in stainless steel cocktail shaker
So does Ram have such a fob trick?
No. About the best you can do without some type of modifications to the fob is turn off the passive entry feature in the radio settings. That will only stop them from grabbing the signal to passively open the doors, but not to start the truck if they force their way in.

unclelala

Reaction score
No. About the best you can do without some type of modifications to the fob is turn off the passive entry feature in the radio settings. That will only stop them from grabbing the signal to passively open the doors, but not to start the truck if they force their way in.
Oh well it looks like I'll be sticking to cocktail shaker in the house and a new Faraday key pouch on the road....Thanks for info Jimmy07

Users who are viewing this thread