Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I buy a '19 2500 from a dealer that's not a Ram dealer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
I will still be covered with the FCA CP4 recall & repair, right? I know this truck I'm looking at fits in the recall, I can see it listed on the carfax report. I just want to make sure even if I buy it, this is from a Toyota dealer, that I'm not going to get screwed somehow out of the recall being handled by FCA. Yes I'm probably being a bit stupid right now, but its a gamble I'd prefer to not make so better safe then sorry.

Thanks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
^ what he said.

Unless the truck's been tuned because that opens it up to the possibility of a servicing dealer identifying that and flagging it.

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
^ what he said.

Unless the truck's been tuned because that opens it up to the possibility of a servicing dealer identifying that and flagging it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but being tuned wouldn't disqualify you from cp4 repair since the two are completely unrelated.

John Jensen

Reaction score
The recall will be honored on any 2019-20 because it is a safety recall. It cannot be denied by any dealer.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it wouldn't matter a hill of beans if you took a deleted truck in for the pump recall. stellantis has to do it. now, would there be any ancillary fallout? possible to likely.

3500guy

Reaction score
If the vehicle has been written off, and rebuilt by a curbsider and put back onto the road, there would be no recall or warranty provisions from Chrysler. It, I believe, is up the purchaser when purchasing from a non Chrysler entity to register the purchase with Chrysler.

scrambler1000

Reaction score
Have them give you a Carfax on it. That will tell you if it was a problem truck or if it was in an accident.

John Jensen

Reaction score
If the vehicle has been written off, and rebuilt by a curbsider and put back onto the road, there would be no recall or warranty provisions from Chrysler. It, I believe, is up the purchaser when purchasing from a non Chrysler entity to register the purchase with Chrysler.
I disagree. If he has a legally registered 2019-20 all he has to do is go to a dealer for the recall.
He can go to Mopar, enter his VIN # and it will show all recall info for his VIN #.

3500guy

Reaction score
I disagree. If he has a legally registered 2019-20 all he has to do is go to a dealer for the recall.
He can go to Mopar, enter his VIN # and it will show all recall info for his VIN #.
Yes, you are correct but if the vehicle has been previously stroked and put back onto the road there are no warranty or recall provisions whatsoever.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct but if the vehicle has been previously stroked and put back onto the road there are no warranty or recall provisions whatsoever.
Don't know what you mean by "stroked" or "written off". Regardless, I still disagree, if the vehicle has a legal, current, valid registration the recall will be applied. This is a safety recall, they have to apply it to every currently registered vehicle, 2019-20.

3500guy

Reaction score
Don't know what you mean by "stroked" or "written off". Regardless, I still disagree, if the vehicle has a legal, current, valid registration the recall will be applied. This is a safety recall, they have to apply it to every currently registered vehicle, 2019-20.
I've got no intention of getting into a pissing match with you. I only spent 36 years as the fixed operations manager for a Chrysler store. I certainly apologize. You obviously know more than IU do.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Sorry I offended you. You still haven't said what you mean by "Stroked" or "written off". Stroked is a strange term for me, never heard of it except in building racing engines.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The no warrenty makes sence but the no recall does not, care to elaborate what would allow them to negate their legal obligation on a mandatory recall? If its still running the faulty pump should it not still apply for the recall?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
a recall is a recall. period. if the vin shows valid in the system, it will get a pump.

anything else is simply conjecture as to what would cause a vin not to be eligible.

for 36 yrs in the biz, your not being very clear on what would cause a denial.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
This was an interesting discussion lol... so I bought the truck. There was a Carfax (dealer provided) that showed the active recall. I updated my "Ram account" on the app w/the new VIN, shows recall there, of course no parts available. All good. Thanks for the feedback!

sstoner911

Reaction score
Sorry I offended you. You still haven't said what you mean by "Stroked" or "written off". Stroked is a strange term for me, never heard of it except in building racing engines.
He means rebuilt. But of it was rebuilt it was done under warranty anyway...

We are not taking about A 1980 mustang here.... Surprised that guy lasted 36 years....

John Jensen

Reaction score
Yeah, 36 years is a long time. I'm not sure what a fixed operations manager does. Never heard of that title, neither has my grandson in Law who is a General Sales Manager at a pretty large Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership

sstoner911

Reaction score
Yeah, 36 years is a long time. I'm not sure what a fixed operations manager does. Never heard of that title, neither has my grandson in Law who is a General Sales Manager at a pretty large Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership
They are usually the ones over service department managers...body shops...parts departments...

Fancy title...about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread