Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need good distance/driving lights

BadKarma

Reaction score
I run squadron pro's in place of my factory fogs and they are for sure crazy bright
I am not impressed with my squadron pros. Idk if it’s because I have the amber or not. I was actually borderline going to return them.

areuriding

Reaction score
I am not impressed with my squadron pros. Idk if it’s because I have the amber or not. I was actually borderline going to return them.
It's the amber color, I made the same mistake and returned them for the white.

Freebie

Reaction score
I have a 2022 djii Laramie. I am installing a couple of driving lights switched by high beam. I am trying to find which wire behind the driver headlight is the high beam 12v if there is one I can connect the relay to.
appreciate any help

heyguy

Reaction score
I have a 2022 djii Laramie. I am installing a couple of driving lights switched by high beam. I am trying to find which wire behind the driver headlight is the high beam 12v if there is one I can connect the relay to.
appreciate any help
Confirmed today it is the white wire with green stripe. Attached a couple of photos to show the access location.

heyguy

Reaction score
appreciate any help
Photos are on page 2 of this thread

Freebie

Reaction score
Photos are on page 2 of this thread
Hi, Unfortunately I started with your original reply. I pulled off the cover and I cannot see the cable behind the guard at all. I can see it from above but my car seems to be different. There seems to be a couple of different headlights on these cars. I have a 12 pin plug which I cannot even unplug even after pushing the keeper back. There is a white wire with a green stripe on the bottom row making it near impossible to tap into or even test if it is the right wire in this case. I have found a local supplier with an adapter cable which brings out a high beam wire in a loom with a relay. I will just buy this and go with it even though it's $160. I just hope I can get the plug to disconnect
Thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi, Unfortunately I started with your original reply. I pulled off the cover and I cannot see the cable behind the guard at all. I can see it from above but my car seems to be different. There seems to be a couple of different headlights on these cars. I have a 12 pin plug which I cannot even unplug even after pushing the keeper back. There is a white wire with a green stripe on the bottom row making it near impossible to tap into or even test if it is the right wire in this case. I have found a local supplier with an adapter cable which brings out a high beam wire in a loom with a relay. I will just buy this and go with it even though it's $160. I just hope I can get the plug to disconnect
Thanks
First off its not a CAR! It’s a TRUCK! Second there is no reason the connector should not easily unclip. 160$ is outrageous just trim back some of the wire loom and tap the circuit

Freebie

Reaction score
First off its not a CAR! It’s a TRUCK! Second there is no reason the connector should not easily unclip. 160$ is outrageous just trim back some of the wire loom and tap the circuit
Sorry, I'll have to say my hail mary's for blaspheming. I was doubly wrong about the "car". I just had a GVM upgrade on my "truck" so I had to get a "truck license" to drive it. I am in Australia and we have weird rules here. I did get the plug off. it was just really tight. I was afraid I would break the back of the light housing. It is all good now, just have to finish the wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread