Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I had a banks monster ram intake installed on my 2021 standard cummins

jsalbre

Reaction score
Gotta flip that ol air cleaner lid.

uSvpFWT5opZkUenDADCilnT8XNtzBPIbq4rizrF-Vww.jpg
I’m ashamed to admit that I did that on my ‘88 GMC S15 back when i was 18. It had the “awesome” 2.8L V6. Power of a 4 cylinder, fuel economy of a 454!

Rudy35

Reaction score
I’m ashamed to admit that I did that on my ‘88 GMC S15 back when i was 18. It had the “awesome” 2.8L V6. Power of a 4 cylinder, fuel economy of a 454!
Back in the late 70s, a friend had a Chevy Van, 350, Quadra jet. We took off the dog house and air cleaner. Took turns driving and looking right into the carb at wide open throttle. It was cool and loud!

gimmie11s

Reaction score
after I installed the banks intake and plenum, I gained 10 mpg. I still get over 22 mpg pulling my 38' bp while doing 80 mph here in texas. the banks kit was a game changer. I don't even need diesel anti-gel any more, regardless of temps.

I converted my HO Cummins to a bored and stroked Hemi 6.9 (69!) and you WOULD NOT believe the power increase.

Knock you over kind of power!

zsqure

Reaction score
I get the impression that the banks air horn thing is all snake oil with all the fun you are having with it....

bbritt18

Reaction score
I had a buddy buy a 5.0 mustang in the 90's and he was writing down how much horsepower has going to get by doing upgrades. He showed me his list and he listed a gear change was giving him another 50hp. I just smiled.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
I get the impression that the banks air horn thing is all snake oil with all the fun you are having with it....
Not at all....they just don't like banks...they'll push a different brand of horn....

flan

Reaction score

Not at all....they just don't like banks...they'll push a different brand of horn....

There is no point of adding a intake horn that is capable of flowing 1008cfm when right past it, the cylinder head is capable of flowing 165cfm. The factory horn flows 432cfm. That’s where the argument comes in. You get zero actual gain for your hard earned dollars. But whatever makes you sleep at night....

gimmie11s

Reaction score
There is no point of adding a intake horn that is capable of flowing 1008cfm when right past it, the cylinder head is capable of flowing 165cfm. The factory horn flows 432cfm. That’s where the argument comes in. You get zero actual gain for your hard earned dollars. But whatever makes you sleep at night....

Fancy marketing that's for sure.

flan

Reaction score
Fancy marketing that's for sure.
Hey bling is cool, I get it! It gives the guys at cars and coffee something to talk about. But don’t try and rationalize it as a SOTP performance gain when the obvious restriction lies right past it. Numbers are numbers, You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. #lincoln :cool:

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
I sleep like a baby! And I love my horn....you guys are right tho....some people just don't know!

Users who are viewing this thread