Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s the acceleration on a ‘22 Cummins HO?

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have had the Banks Pedal Monster in 3 Rams...one SO and 2 HOs.

It made the biggest difference on the SO. The HOs will get up and go pretty well without it.

On my current Ram the 4.10 gears made a big difference with get up and go.

swa240z

Reaction score
I put a Pedal Commander on my 2018 3500 MC 4x4 because I couldn't stand the poor throttle response. I was amazed how much response was improved. When I traded it in on my 2022, I pulled it out and installed it in my new truck and got the same results. The PC doesn't add any power but it does change the throttle response considerably.

TRAIL BOSS

Reaction score
Do these pedal monsters monsters do anything other than change the pedal position sensor reading?

Perhaps I don’t understand how they work correctly, but it seems like simply pushing the pedal faster would achieve the same results, right?

As the owner of a ‘21 HO, I can attest that the get up and go factor is disappointing. I’ve been looking for solutions to this, and the pedal monsters have been recommended, but I’m trying to understand what the mechanism is that impacts the throttle.

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
takes 1-2 seconds for it to kick in but damn when it does......hang on

sstoner911

Reaction score
Do these pedal monsters monsters do anything other than change the pedal position sensor reading?

Perhaps I don’t understand how they work correctly, but it seems like simply pushing the pedal faster would achieve the same results, right?

As the owner of a ‘21 HO, I can attest that the get up and go factor is disappointing. I’ve been looking for solutions to this, and the pedal monsters have been recommended, but I’m trying to understand what the mechanism is that impacts the throttle.
I have used the pedal Monster in my 2019, then 2021 and now my 2022.

The pedal response is faster and the pedal lag is gone
You can probably get more detailed tech on the Banks website but it's more than just mashing the pedal or faster.

The get up and go is there as soon as you accelerate, no more "hesitation" or uncertainty if it's going to go!

rockman88

Reaction score
I have used the pedal Monster in my 2019, then 2021 and now my 2022.

The pedal response is faster and the pedal lag is gone
You can probably get more detailed tech on the Banks website but it's more than just mashing the pedal or faster.

The get up and go is there as soon as you accelerate, no more "hesitation" or uncertainty if it's going to go!

I feel like I’m sold on the Banks Pedal Monster for my new truck. So much so, I’m wondering if this is just too good to be true. I mean, I’m sure it helps, but what’s the down side other than fuel economy?

Will I be damaging the truck with the increased acceleration signals? Stressing parts? Generating more diesel regens? Trusting my life to a plug in that cuts out while I’m driving?As a sometimes skeptic there has to be a down side…

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firebird

Reaction score
I feel like I’m sold on the Banks Pedal Monster for my new truck. So much so, I’m wondering if this is just too good to be true. I mean, I’m sure it helps, but what’s the down side other than fuel economy?

Will I be damaging the truck with the increased acceleration signals? Stressing parts? Generating more diesel regens? Trusting my life to a plug in that cuts out while I’m driving?As a sometimes skeptic there has to be a down side…

Thoughts?

Won't hurt a thing. I've been running throttle boosters on my vehicles since 2012

rockman88

Reaction score
Won't hurt a thing. I've been running throttle boosters on my vehicles since 2012

Clearly, I was wrong to doubt the Pedal Monster. Wow, best thing I’ve added besides the ballast tanks for weight and ride quality.

Dmacmilitant

Reaction score

They only change the input signal to the computer. If you just pressed the pedal further and faster, it would be the same. However it is a bit of a mind trick on yourself and is satisfying for sure!

kpecks

Reaction score
My truck has 168 miles on it and recently installed the banks pedal monster. On about the 10th start up I got a low voltage check engine light. It also says to service the electronic throttle control. Has anyone had this issue? Banks engineering didn’t have a clue and is looking into it further. Going to unplug and clear the codes. I got the error on remote start when it was below freezing outside. The truck ended up shutting itself down because of the check engine light

185745B1-8822-4852-9CB1-F8ABD36F68EB.jpeg

Firebird

Reaction score
My truck has 168 miles on it and recently installed the banks pedal monster. On about the 10th start up I got a low voltage check engine light. It also says to service the electronic throttle control. Has anyone had this issue? Banks engineering didn’t have a clue and is looking into it further. Going to unplug and clear the codes. I got the error on remote start when it was below freezing outside. The truck ended up shutting itself down because of the check engine light

View attachment 30408
I would unhook it, and then hook back up, making sure all connections are firmly seated

rockman88

Reaction score
Tech at dealer told me that the pedal units void the factory warranty.

kpecks

Reaction score
Tech at dealer told me that the pedal units void the factory warranty.

Which part of the factory warranty - the electronic throttle portion?

rockman88

Reaction score
I've run a Pedal Commander on every vehicle since 2012, and my dealer has never cared

I am told it is dealer discretion. If they believe it caused the issue, or contributed to causing the issue, they are empowered to nullify the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread