Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Vibrating at highway speeds

TexMarQue

Reaction score
How do we tag the Ram Cares people on this post? Seems like a hardware fix is warranted. Nothing like getting grief from friends with Fords for our cheap trucks...

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
i tried to raise the bump stops for the hood the other day. it helped very slightly, but the
hood really shakes at hwy speeds, especially with the wind blowing.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
i tried to raise the bump stops for the hood the other day. it helped very slightly, but the
hood really shakes at hwy speeds, especially with the wind blowing.
Ditto. And especially when driving through a crosswind and a super-B comes smoking by ya. Holy HE double L! Thought the hood was departing the truck!

Last edited:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have all the same issues as except for number 3. Would really like to get it fixed when I get first oil changed.
Ditto. And especially when driving through a crosswind and a super-B comes smoking by ya. Holy HE double L! Thought the hood was departing the truck!
@RamCares
This seems to be a concern that could use some attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My '19 2500 does the same thing.

Thank you for tagging us to alert us of this hood vibration concern. Please send our teams a PM with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can document this on your behalf. Also, please notate if you have visited the dealer for this yet.

Darlene
Ram Cares

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Thank you for tagging us to alert us of this hood vibration concern. Please send our teams a PM with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can document this on your behalf. Also, please notate if you have visited the dealer for this yet.

Darlene
Ram Cares
I think you’re about to get messages from everyone on the site.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
My 19 3500 does this also. Thanks Ram Cares.

You're welcome, @Bigdaddy2387. Please send us a message so that we can document that you are experiencing this as well.

I think you’re about to get messages from everyone on the site.

@TexMarQue, that is okay. We would like to notate the amount of people with this hood concern.

My hood is just fine...the AC on the other hand...

@Gondul, have you made your dealer aware of this A/C concern? Please send us a message if you are in need of additional support while at your dealer.

Darlene
Ram Cares

Shine006

Reaction score
You're welcome, @Bigdaddy2387. Please send us a message so that we can document that you are experiencing this as well.

@TexMarQue, that is okay. We would like to notate the amount of people with this hood concern.

@Gondul, have you made your dealer aware of this A/C concern? Please send us a message if you are in need of additional support while at your dealer.

Darlene
Ram Cares
Mine does this also. Really thought it was loose the first time I saw it.

TexMarQue

Reaction score

Darlene
Ram Cares

I started a conversation with RamCares earlier this afternoon but didn’t receive a response. Is there another way to send a message on this site?

DeVoTee

Reaction score
Same Q.. What is the best way to respond/message RamCares about Hood Vibration at Hwy speeds.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Anyone driven through the jet dryers in a big car wash yet? They turn the hood into a bowl you could eat soup out of. I had to screen grab images out of a video I took with my dash cam because the one minute video is too big to upload. The distortion you can see in the two images is very obviously the hood deflecting downwards under the dryer in the video. I went through the same car wash many times in my 2006 2500 and this was never a concern.

Attachments

• Hood 1.JPG
    Hood 1.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Hood 2.JPG
    Hood 2.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 174

AndyS

Reaction score
Anyone driven through the jet dryers in a big car wash yet? They turn the hood into a bowl you could eat soup out of. I had to screen grab images out of a video I took with my dash cam because the one minute video is too big to upload. The distortion you can see in the two images is very obviously the hood deflecting downwards under the dryer in the video. I went through the same car wash many times in my 2006 2500 and this was never a concern.

WOW! I cruise along at 67 to 71 mph everyday on my work commute and have yet to notice the hood vibration. But this picture of your hood in the car wash is jaw dropping.

Shine006

Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing. Got out and checked right after. The hoods are not strong enough.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Mine does this also. Really thought it was loose the first time I saw it.

Please send us a message with your VIN, mileage, and servicing Ram dealer!

I started a conversation with RamCares earlier this afternoon but didn’t receive a response. Is there another way to send a message on this site?

We apologize for our delay in response! We monitor multiple forums and some times it takes up to 48 hours to respond. I see that one of our team members has messaged you back.

Same Q.. What is the best way to respond/message RamCares about Hood Vibration at Hwy speeds.

We have not received a message from you yet. Please hover over our logo picture and click "Start Conversation" to send us a message.

Darlene
Ram Cares

TexMarQue

Reaction score
We apologize for our delay in response! We monitor multiple forums and some times it takes up to 48 hours to respond. I see that one of our team members has messaged you back.

Darlene
Ram Cares

No worries! I was unsure what to expect, and wanted to make sure that was the correct path for communication. I have heard back directly, and I appreciate the help!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I adjusted my hood bump stops and it helped a lot

I haven’t noticed it at all since I turned those up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread