Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood fills with water after it rains. Now with video.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Rock crawler, I guess by their twisted thinking, we should be grateful our doors aren’t full of water too. LOL!

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score

Case Number: S2123000019 Release Date: 03/19/2021 Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Water In Hood And/Or Slosh Noise From Hood Customer Complaint/Technician Observation: When the hood is opened water slosh noise is heard. Water may also drain from the hood structure. Customer may say the slosh / water draining may happen after a hard rain or car wash. Discussion: Water in the hood structure indicates there is a leak. The hood is not designed to manage water. :rolleyes: Inspect the hood nameplate for attachment and sealing issues. If water is found in the hood and or the nameplate has attaching issues continue to with the below repair. Repair Procedure: 1. Open hood to allow it to drain. Ensure no water is still trapped inside hood. 2. Close Hood 3. Remove Hood (side) badge. Refer to Star Parts for most current part revision A. NOTE: Verify badge clips are not broken or left inside hood. They will cause a complaint of rattle. 4. Replace with a new badge (most recent part in Star Parts). 5. Verify new badge is secured and no movement is present.

BAT3500

Reaction score
My 20 megacab was just in the dealer shop for unrelated warranty issues and i had my hood badges replaced for the second time. The shop said they called corporate about the issue and was told to apply sealer this time. So if badges were truely the source of the the leak mine should be fixed now. I know they sealed them with something because they left some residue i had to clean off later.

ckreef

Reaction score
Pressure washed my 2021 3500 this morning. Immediately afterward I opened the hood and no water drained out. Looking at the underside of the hood there are 8 weep holes on both sides running front to back. If water had gotten in the hood it would have came out the weep holes. It didn't look like any water had drained from the holes.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
I am linking to a video as I couldn't upload it here. This is what I experience after it rains or after I wash the truck. As you can see, quite a bit of water is exiting the corner of the hood.
That seems quite excessive to me ! I am going to the car wash now so I'm going to try it to see if it's as bad as yours.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Ok just went through the automatic brushless car wash and opened the hood directly afterwards , got two very small streams out of each side that drained for maybe 10 seconds. I would say yours is excessive for sure from your video !

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Bringin this back from the dead. My hood came crashing down on my head. My hood has built up with ice inside. The hood struts aren't strong enough to hold it up with the weight.

Did you not have the TSB done?

It has been posted since shortly after the post before your recent comment.
Hood TSB

Users who are viewing this thread