Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homelink question

P.A.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if your still able to program Homelink if you don't have the garage door remote? We can't find ours.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Does anyone know if your still able to program Homelink if you don't have the garage door remote? We can't find ours.
I don’t know for sure as I programmed it using the handheld remote as outlined in the manual. I have programmed other vehicles without the handheld remote first step - very much as the manual says for rolling codes after step one with the handheld remote.

Can you try doing just the second 3-step process (attached pic) from the manual? Worst case of it doesn’t work you can clear everything and try for a plan C…. Good luck!

781AA711-B55E-42CC-9203-1C93670BE673.jpeg

P.A.

Reaction score
I don’t know for sure as I programmed it using the handheld remote as outlined in the manual. I have programmed other vehicles without the handheld remote first step - very much as the manual says for rolling codes after step one with the handheld remote.

Can you try doing just the second 3-step process (attached pic) from the manual? Worst case of it doesn’t work you can clear everything and try for a plan C…. Good luck!

View attachment 37883
Great! Thanks I'll try it! :)

P.A.

Reaction score
Well dang!! This did not work for us. We have a craftsman garage door opener. Bummer.

Darmichar

Reaction score
I did with mine without a remote. Push the learn button on the receiver in the garage.
Push whatever button combo you have to do in the truck to put it in 'learn' mode then press whatever button you want the door on and hold it until it flashes.
The first time you try it, you may have to push the button a time or two to get it to register, but it should work after that.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
If I was having this much trouble with the learn button procedure, and without a remote, I would probably get a cheap universal remote to program to the garage door first, then use the newly programmed universal remote to program the the homelink…

d19r93

Reaction score
You have to have a remote for the homelink to "learn" the rolling code of your remote. Your homelink becomes another remote that you then have to pair to the garage opener. I've never seen it work without having some type of remote that is already programmed to your garage door.

Gofast23

Reaction score
Anybody ever have a similar issue to me?

I have a 2-button remote that operates 2 garage doors. First HomeLink button was programmed without issue; super easy. The second button will not accept a code from the same remote. I have programmed multiple other vehicles with HomeLink using this same remote. I cannot figure out what is going on. Luckily, the button that works is for the primary garage where the truck is parked.

Users who are viewing this thread