Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Height of 2500 Laramie

wvc90

Reaction score
Guys, I'm trying to decide if I can fit a 2500 Laramie into my garage. The max height is 81.5" for the garage and the dealer is telling me the truck is 82.5" to the top of the cab lights. I don't live anywhere close to the dealer. I thought the height was supposed to be closer to 80.5".

Do you have any advice or knowledge on the same?

Thanks much!

Zrojas

Reaction score
Guys, I'm trying to decide if I can fit a 2500 Laramie into my garage. The max height is 81.5" for the garage and the dealer is telling me the truck is 82.5" to the top of the cab lights. I don't live anywhere close to the dealer. I thought the height was supposed to be closer to 80.5".

Do you have any advice or knowledge on the same?

Thanks much!
80.1" according to Ram for a 2500 crew cab with an 8' bed.

Go to https://www.ramtrucks.com/ram-commercial/body-builders-guide.html and look at the dimensions for your configuration.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I eyeballed my Laramie the other day with just a tape measure and it looked over 82" at that fin on top. I intend to pull out my level out to level across to the tape to get the real measurement but haven't done it yet.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Just measured my 2020 Laramie 2500 w/ 8' bed. Air pressure in the stock Transforce set to 60 psi. It measures just shy of 80 inches to the top of the sharkfin. That 80.1 referenced above may have been true with the 95 psi that were in the tires when I took delivery a week ago.

LossPrev

Reaction score
My 2500 will not fit in my attached garage with the standard 7' door. I have to keep it in my pole shed that has an 8' door.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
My '19 2500 won't clear a 7' door. Its been 8mo since I measured with a level at sharkfin and 82" is what I remember. That measurement was done on 35s but it was still a nogo on stockers. Mine resides in the shop which fortunately is an 8 footer. Happy shopping.

kristof

Reaction score
7ft door that's 84 in. If your door won't open all the way it will not clear adjust the garage door to stop when they are fully open like this
garage full.jpg
Not like this
garage partial.jpg
Adjust it at the opener or the draw bar.
Per the link above my truck should be 80.2" tall . I never actually measure it but I did went thru a carwash which have 7ft 2in clearance :cool:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
7ft door that's 84 in. If your door won't open all the way it will not clear adjust the garage door to stop when they are fully open like this

Not like this

Per the link above my truck should be 80.2" tall . I never actually measure it but I did went thru a carwash which have 7ft 2in clearance :cool:

My truck on 285/65R20 fits in my garage just fine (door like a shoulder thing that goes up).

Now if I could just figure out how to get another foot of length to actually use the garage to park it.

kristof

Reaction score
My truck on 285/65R20 fits in my garage just fine (door like a shoulder thing that goes up).

Now if I could just figure out how to get another foot of length to actually use the garage to park it.
Dig two channels in the floor for tires ;)

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
Trying to figure out how that make the floor longer!!!!!!!!!!!;):eek: Maybe a comprehension problem on mine or his part?

TDRamOH

Reaction score
View attachment 8455
Not like this
View attachment 8456
This is exactly what I had to do. Fits no problem. There was an adjustment on the opener.

steve49

Reaction score
My 19 2500 is stock, no bigger tires etc., and does fit with a 7ft garage door, although I wasn't sure when I first looked at the truck. Then I wasn't sure if the truck would clear with a fiberglass shell I wanted, but still had couple of inches clearance. My garage door has always been adjusted all the way up.

Riveyman

Reaction score
Mine fits in the standard garage height wise, but it's too long to close the door. :(

Users who are viewing this thread