Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated/Cooled seats question

Spydermunkey

Reaction score
Hey guys, the dealer by me has a 2021 Laramie for sale with the leather trimmed seats with only heated seats. My question is what would need to be done to have the ventilated seats also? Not sure if those seats come with the fans and just a few unlocks needed or if I'd have to install all of them. TIA for anyone that has any info!

jbncccb

Reaction score
Quite a chore to add cooled seats. I doubt the a/c ducts are there nor the fan that is needed. Wiring is likely there, with some available plugs. And of course the programming in the UConnect to be able to turn it on. Total job Likely to be an expensive adder if not already on the truck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Hey guys, the dealer by me has a 2021 Laramie for sale with the leather trimmed seats with only heated seats. My question is what would need to be done to have the ventilated seats also? Not sure if those seats come with the fans and just a few unlocks needed or if I'd have to install all of them. TIA for anyone that has any info!
Interesting. I have never seen a Laramie with just heated seats.

Spydermunkey

Reaction score
It never hit their website. I found it before they listed it through my employer discount program. They never listed it because of the heater relay recall. I can take a couple screenshots of listed equipment on the email I have tho. But it seriously does not have ventilated seats.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Post the vin and I will see if it pulls up in the window sticker generator

anderson0172

Reaction score
I've had 2 Laramie level 1's and they both had ventilated and heated seats, my 1500 and 2500

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I've had 2 Laramie level 1's and they both had ventilated and heated seats, my 1500 and 2500

Yep. Level 1 has heated and vented seats in the front. Level 2 adds heated seats to the rear. Maybe they made a change in 2021?

anderson0172

Reaction score
Yep. Level 1 has heated and vented seats in the front. Level 2 adds heated seats to the rear. Maybe they made a change in 2021?
Possibly, my 1500 was '19 and my 2500 is a '20, a silly change if they really did change that

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Nope. Ramtrucks configurator says the same. Laramie includes heated. Laramie level 1 includes heated and ventilated. Laramie level 2 includes heated/ventilated front and heated rear.

anderson0172

Reaction score
Nope. Ramtrucks configurator says the same. Laramie includes heated. Laramie level 1 includes heated and ventilated. Laramie level 2 includes heated/ventilated front and heated rear.
I didn't even realize there were 3 Laramie trim options, lol. I thought you got either level 1 or 2.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I have never seen a Laramie base I guess. I am sure they exist, just not on any of the lots I looked at. I had to choose level 1 or 2 to get the night edition.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I find the vented seats work well. Definitely, a nice option to have IMO.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Now that we’ve cleared up the fact that a 2019-2021 HD ram can possibly only have front heated seats (it’s always been a standard feature on the Laramies in either 5 or 6 passenger seating)- yes, you can add heated/vented seats. All the body wiring is populated on the body harnesses for them to plug right in. You’ll need to use AlfaOBD to enable the feature. BUT...another member is going through this right now, I’ve been helping him along the way, and it’s been an absolute nightmare. The seats this member swapped in are from a limited, and the limited seats do not use side airbags in the seats, or an occupant detection sensor. I don’t know if this is the case for the Laramie heated/vented seats, but the new seats are reeking havoc on the airbag module. We’re still trying to iron it out, but I would either hold off, or make sure the set of seats you find have the side airbag option and occupant detection sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread