Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Question

Dave01

Reaction score
On my '21 Laramie when at night I don't see a difference between headlights on auto and on off. I rotate the switch to off and as far as I can tell there is no change, headlights remain on. I looked in the manual and don't see any reference to this. There are times I'd like to be able to turn off exterior lights. Am I missing something obvious?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
do you live in Canada? I think they have them stuck on maybe? Read that here?

There is a setting in my center display unit where I can turn off/on DRL. Perhaps look for that?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sounds like your DRLs are on

do you live in Canada? I think they have them stuck on maybe? Read that here?

There is a setting in my center display unit where I can turn off/on DRL. Perhaps look for that?
Yes we canadians dont have an off option for DRLs heck even the 2022s there is no off position just park/on/ or auto

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
On my '21 Laramie when at night I don't see a difference between headlights on auto and on off. I rotate the switch to off and as far as I can tell there is no change, headlights remain on. I looked in the manual and don't see any reference to this. There are times I'd like to be able to turn off exterior lights. Am I missing something obvious?
Your DRLs are the same as the low beams, and they are on when the headlight switch is off.
Even after you turn off the DRLs in the radio settings, the upper and lower white strips (signature lights) will always be on. The only way to turn those off is with AlfaOBD

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
You can disable the DRL’s under Settings:Lights.

As mentioned you can’t easily disable the signature lights.

Dave01

Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate the info. Didn't occur to me to disable DRL's, but then again if you can't turn off everything then no need to just turn off DRL's. Not exactly a problem but I was curious for the answer.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate the info. Didn't occur to me to disable DRL's, but then again if you can't turn off everything then no need to just turn off DRL's. Not exactly a problem but I was curious for the answer.

There is a substantial difference between the DRL’s and the signature lights.

Users who are viewing this thread