Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone leveled a 3500 with the auto level rear air suspension?

phatboy64

Reaction score
3500’s don’t have TPMS, they have TPIS which is just information and won’t set off any alarms.

2500’s can change the threshold with apps like JScan or AlfaOBD.
Well interesting enough my 3500 Limited does (See pic ). I had an issue since day one where the tire pressure display was not available on the digital display, @Jimmy07 was able to help by making two changes with AlfaODB. I now have the tire pressure tile on my dash but also get the warnings. I had to set a lower threshold.

2BFC3327-D718-4258-A261-F7068A7C06BF.jpeg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Well interesting enough my 3500 Limited does (See pic ). I had an issue since day one where the tire pressure display was not available on the digital display, @Jimmy07 was able to help by making two changes with AlfaODB. I now have the tire pressure tile on my dash but also get the warnings. I had to set a lower threshold.

View attachment 65888

You can make a 3500 have TPMS with AlfaOBD, but it’s not setup that way from the factory.

Now that you got your display to work I wonder if you could go back to TPIS.

phatboy64

Reaction score
You can make a 3500 have TPMS with AlfaOBD, but it’s not setup that way from the factory.

Now that you got your display to work I wonder if you could go back to TPIS.

Question, everything I have read and been told is that on the trucks with over 10,000 GVWR with Premium systems the only difference between TPMS and TIPS on the digital cluster is with TIPS you don’t get the low tire icon on the cluster but the low tires still light up in red and on initial startup that screen will pop up first.

Do I have that right?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless the digital cluster is different that is not how my TPIS trucks have worked, the pressure stays white even below 25 psi.. all the way to 0. The digital cluster could be different thou.

tcedgar8

Reaction score
Hey guys just throwing this up it’s well documented at this point but more the better.

I just did my truck up (19’ 3500 CCSB w/air assist) with the following parts

Thuren 2.25” coils
Thuren sways bar
Thuren track bar
Readylift 1” rear blocks
Bilstein 5100 rear
Bilstein 5160 front
King steering stabilizer
Previously installed

Method 18x9 +12 I believe
35x12.5R18 new mutant AT

To Be installed
Thuren rear shackles
Traxda 1” bag spacers
Shock resi clamps.

I previously had the rear end tuned perfect for my liking before lifting. It honestly doesn’t make sense to me but after the block lift it’s pretty out of wack. The sensor is not changed but the bag is obviously elongated dust To 1” change in suspension.

Truck rides great just need some time probably not for a couple weeks to finish rear end installs and adjusting the ride high sensor.

My truck ended up pretty much dead level when I don’t mind as I’m not typically hauling.

5c857d355457520eb7ed826c11d4f754.jpg

272e6734ee78c87edeeeb33cd2dc7583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRig

Reaction score
Hey guys just throwing this up it’s well documented at this point but more the better.

I just did my truck up (19’ 3500 CCSB w/air assist) with the following parts

Thuren 2.25” coils
Thuren sways bar
Thuren track bar
Readylift 1” rear blocks
Bilstein 5100 rear
Bilstein 5160 front
King steering stabilizer
Previously installed

Method 18x9 +12 I believe
35x12.5R18 new mutant AT

To Be installed
Thuren rear shackles
Traxda 1” bag spacers
Shock resi clamps.

I previously had the rear end tuned perfect for my liking before lifting. It honestly doesn’t make sense to me but after the block lift it’s pretty out of wack. The sensor is not changed but the bag is obviously elongated dust To 1” change in suspension.

Truck rides great just need some time probably not for a couple weeks to finish rear end installs and adjusting the ride high sensor.

My truck ended up pretty much dead level when I don’t mind as I’m not typically hauling.

5c857d355457520eb7ed826c11d4f754.jpg

272e6734ee78c87edeeeb33cd2dc7583.jpg

First off nice truck
To answer your question, you must use an airbag spacer equal to the size of block used, otherwise it will be out of whack.
This is what you need.

605064 | Traxda 1 Inch Rear Air Bag Spacer Kit For Dodge Ram 3500 | 2013-2022 | Add On Kit ONLY​

tcedgar8

Reaction score
First off nice truck
To answer your question, you must use an airbag spacer equal to the size of block used, otherwise it will be out of whack.
This is what you need.

605064 | Traxda 1 Inch Rear Air Bag Spacer Kit For Dodge Ram 3500 | 2013-2022 | Add On Kit ONLY​

thank you for confirming. I got that kit it’s here tomorrow !! I do love this truck.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
thank you for confirming. I got that kit it’s here tomorrow !! I do love this truck.

Just get it installed asap, it should all be done at once.

R.Duff7

Reaction score
Any one happen to know what size pin the blocks are 3/4, 5/8 or 9/16 ? I'm trying order 2" ones to match the 2" traxda bag blocks I got until I get my new leafs.

tcedgar8

Reaction score
Any one happen to know what size pin the blocks are 3/4, 5/8 or 9/16 ? I'm trying order 2" ones to match the 2" traxda bag blocks I got until I get my new leafs.

I just used the ReadyLift 66-1201 1.0" Rear Block Kit for Dodge RAM 2500/3500 2WD/4WD

It fit good I want to say it was 5/8 but can’t remember. It fit. lol it might depend on the truck.

R.Duff7

Reaction score
I just used the ReadyLift 66-1201 1.0" Rear Block Kit for Dodge RAM 2500/3500 2WD/4WD

It fit good I want to say it was 5/8 but can’t remember. It fit. lol it might depend on the truck.

Haha thanks. Yea I just ended up biting the bullet and getting the leaf pack now instead of later.

williamfr

Reaction score
I came here looking for the right level kit to buy for my truck and this thread has thoroughly made my nervous about making any kind of decision. Everyone has all these different methods and I didn’t realize it was going to be this complicated.

I went to my local shop today and they told me some wack information. They said to get the BDS level kit and 37’s. I look on the BDS website and it says it supports 35’s with trimming.

I’m just lost

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I came here looking for the right level kit to buy for my truck and this thread has thoroughly made my nervous about making any kind of decision. Everyone has all these different methods and I didn’t realize it was going to be this complicated.

I went to my local shop today and they told me some wack information. They said to get the BDS level kit and 37’s. I look on the BDS website and it says it supports 35’s with trimming.

I’m just lost

What are your goals?

How do you use the truck?

williamfr

Reaction score
What are your goals?

How do you use the truck?
2022 3500 HO Dually Laramie with rear air

Goals: Raise/level as much as I can without affecting tow capacity or be to tall to hook up to a 5th wheel.

Mostly will just pull a fifth wheel and I don’t want it to pull with a high nose or anything. If that means just a level, that’s ok. I’d like be able to put on 35s at the minimum with my stock 17 wheels.

I’d like to not hinder towing capacity at all, and I’d like to keep ride quality altering to a minimum. Just keeping it simple I guess - level with 35s?

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
2022 3500 Dually Laramie with rear air

Goals: Raise/level as much as I can without affecting tow capacity or be to tall to hook up to a 5th wheel.

Mostly will just pull a fifth wheel and I don’t want it to pull with a high nose or anything. If that means just a level, that’s ok. I’d like be able to put on 35s at the minimum with my stock 17 wheels.

I’d like to not hinder towing capacity at all, and I’d like to keep ride quality altering to a minimum. Just keeping it simple I guess - level with 35s?

My 2022 3500 with auto-level already sits level when I’m in alternate ride height. You want to tow in alternate ride height for the improved handling.

So that means you probably shouldn’t lift it unless you want to be tail low when towing.

If you want the front taller you’ll need to lift the rear too.

Otherwise, I’d suggest some 255/80R17’s on the stock rims and call it good. If you want to soften the ride look at the Thuren active rate anti-sway bar. Much better road characteristics and I haven’t noticed anything negative towing my 5th wheel.

@gimmie11s has some 35x10.50R17’s on the stock wheels. Those may work for you too. He is leveled, but doesn’t have the rear auto-level so it’s not the same.

williamfr

Reaction score
My 2022 3500 with auto-level already sits level when I’m in alternate ride height. You want to tow in alternate ride height for the improved handling.

So that means you probably shouldn’t lift it unless you want to be tail low when towing.

If you want the front taller you’ll need to lift the rear too.

Otherwise, I’d suggest some 255/80R17’s on the stock rims and call it good. If you want to soften the ride look at the Thuren active rate anti-sway bar. Much better road characteristics and I haven’t noticed anything negative towing my 5th wheel.

@gimmie11s has some 35x10.50R17’s on the stock wheels. Those may work for you too. He is leveled, but doesn’t have the rear auto-level so it’s not the same.
so there’s nothing I can really do to fit 35s? Pretty much out of the question? Just confirming lol

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
so there’s nothing I can really do to fit 35s? Pretty much out of the question? Just confirming lol

35’s can fit stock height suspension.

35x12.50 is too wide for the stock wheels, but 35x10.50 can fit the stock wheel and will do better for truck that’s used to tow.

williamfr

Reaction score
35’s can fit stock height suspension.

35x12.50 is too wide for the stock wheels, but 35x10.50 can fit the stock wheel and will do better for truck that’s used to tow.
Ah, there wouldn’t be any rubbing? Or the two tires on the rear wouldn’t be touching? Would I need spacers? Thanks for the advice

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, there wouldn’t be any rubbing? Or the two tires on the rear wouldn’t be touching? Would I need spacers? Thanks for the advice

I believe 255/80R17 is the biggest you can run without a rear spacer.

BigRig

Reaction score

I’m just lost
My truck is a 3500 SRW with the auto-level system. I went with a Carlie 2.5 level kit and a 2” block in the rear. I didn’t want the nose high like I see with most of these trucks that do the level kit on an auto-level system. In my opinion it looks odd. The rear measures .5 of an inch higher in the rear, measured from the center of the rim to the top of the wheel arch. I’m running 37/12.5 R18 tires with a +18 offset Fuel whee. There was a slight rub on the plastic fender liner which I fixed by drilling a hole in the bottom of the liner and using a zip tie to pull it back. Can’t see the zip tie and you don’t have to cut up your truck. Now there is no rubbing at all even when going off road. When I had 35” tires on this truck they cleared no problem (no zip ties). If you run the 35x12.5 tires on stock wheels they will rub on your radius arms and sway bar. They could clear if you went with a narrower 35.

I’m just lost

I’m just lost

I’m just lost
My truck is a 3500 SRW with the auto-level system. I went with a Carlie 2.5 level kit and a 2” block in the rear. I didn’t want the nose high like I see with most of these trucks that do the level kit on an auto-level system. In my opinion it looks odd. The rear measures .5 of an inch higher in the rear, measured from the center of the rim to the top of the wheel arch. I’m running 37/12.5 R18 tires with a +18 offset Fuel wheel. There was a slight rub on the plastic fender liner which I fixed by drilling a hole in the bottom of the liner and using a zip tie to pull it back. Can’t see the zip tie and you don’t have to cut up your truck. Now there is no rubbing at all even when going off road. When I had 35” tires on this truck they cleared no problem (no zip ties). If you run the 35x12.5 tires on stock wheels they will rub on your radius arms and sway bar. They could clear if you went with a narrower 35.

I’m just lost

Attachments

• IMG_7440.jpeg
    IMG_7440.jpeg
    858.3 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread