Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone added the Magnaflow exhaust to their Gen 4.5 Hemi?

ollicat

Reaction score
I used to have a 2008 5.7 Hemi with Magna flow on my 2008 5.7L Hemi and loved it. It did not have the MDS feature. I want to get back that low rumble on my 2023 Hemi but am a little worried how the MDS affects the sound. Anyone have any experience with it? Link the the exhaust is below.

Riccochet

Reaction score
They all sound like dog$h!t when MDS kicks in. Manually shift to 8th gear or use tow/haul to disable MDS.

Otherwise, yeah, looking at exhaust options myself. I really liked the way my Carven sounded on my last 1500. But they don't make one for the 2500. I just don't want rasp, and most of these "bolt on" options are all very raspy.

Brandon

Reaction score
Yes I have it installed on my truck! It sounds great. Loud at startup and wide open throttle. You can hear the exhaust clearly when driving down the road, but it isn't too loud in my opinion. Definitely drones when MDS kicks in, but I turn it off almost all the time when driving. Pic is stock muffler beside the Magnaflow.20230109_141729.jpg

jeepkevin

Reaction score
I did it as well. Agree, makes a bit of noise on start up then simmers down. You can hear it in the cab but not obnoxious. I think it is a nice balance of V8 sound but not as loud as your neighbors teenagers ratty old truck.. I have the Superchips Pulsar so i keep the MDS off in what ever performance level I want.

Firebird

Reaction score
I ran the Mufflex bolt in magnaflow on my 2019, and loved it! I had MDS turned off, so never had to listen to that horrible sound. Will install one again on my new 2023

1stindoor

Reaction score
I had it on my 2018 2500 and have it on my 2023 2500. I like a truck that sounds like a truck, but not obnoxious to the neighbors first thing in the morning.

Riccochet

Reaction score
I had it on my 2018 2500 and have it on my 2023 2500. I like a truck that sounds like a truck, but not obnoxious to the neighbors first thing in the morning.

Any drone at highway speeds or under load while towing?

nozzzzz

Reaction score
Just installed the new Flowmaster FX catback system on my 2024 2500 6.4 and it sounds good, much better than the nothing stock system.
Flowmaster has two complete systems for the 2500 and I opt for the FX as it was was only $875 on the Flowmaster site.
Got RealTrucks to match it and shipping was free.
Had my local area mechanic install it for $300 and it sounds good.
Had the Flowmaster 50 on my 1500 5.7 as I don't like super aggressive, higher pitched muffs and the 40 is just a bit too much.
The 50 was perfect on the 1500.
The 2500 is a bigger truck with the 6.4 so I decided something a bit more aggressive was ok and I am very happy with the FX .
Have had 10+ trucks over the years and put cat backs on each one as well as upgraded intakes.
This one is also dual out and the tips are black to go with the Night Version Black truck.
Attaching a pic of the system

Attachments

• Flowmaster FX.jpg
    Flowmaster FX.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 20

BadKarma

Reaction score
I had a maganaflow for a few k and due to hearing loss (occupation related) I didn’t think it was enough so I went with black widow neighbor haters

BobKid

Reaction score
I put it on my 2023 2500 Rebel and like it a lot. I ran the Carven on my 1500 with the 5.7 and wished they made one for the 6.4, but this MF is pretty close. I also run the Edge Pulsar, so keep MDS disabled.

NickR

Reaction score
I just swapped the Magnaflow bolt on setup onto my PW and like it. Deep idle and sounds good when you get on the throttle... I cut my resonator off and left the remainder of the stock pipe there so it does resonate under the bed a little... hope to do a spray in bed liner soon and that might take a little of the sound out of the bed but I can always add a section of pipe and an exhaust tip to move the exit out a bit. It DOES sound buzzy when MDS kicks in... so most times I have been disabling it with the shift limit system. May get a tuner of some sort to do so permanently at some point...

woody284

Reaction score
To each their own …….

I tried it and it was too much for me and I didn’t like the mds drone. I put it back to stock and removed the resonator. I like it much better

jsalbre

Reaction score
If you have just the resonator/last section of the exhaust removed without putting on a new tailpipe to get the exit out from under the bed you’re going to melt your parking brake cable.

woody284

Reaction score
If you have just the resonator/last section of the exhaust removed without putting on a new tailpipe to get the exit out from under the bed you’re going to melt your parking brake cable.
May be a possibility. I’ll add that when I removed my resonator, a section of exhaust tubing was welded back in. I also had them reposition the angle of the tip so it is closer to the body and not pointed down.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
May be a possibility. I’ll add that when I removed my resonator, a section of exhaust tubing was welded back in. I also had them reposition the angle of the tip so it is closer to the body and not pointed down.
Can you post a picture of your setup?

woody284

Reaction score
It’s the factory tailpipe, just painted black and dirty.image.jpg

woody284

Reaction score
image.jpgNo local shop around be deals in 3.5 inch tubing. This is a 3 inch tube flared and welded in place of the resonator.

Last edited:

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Thanks

I found a local shop that says they can work with 3.5" at least bump one end to make it a slip fit over 3.5".

Users who are viewing this thread