Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GVWR

2023ram3500owner

Reaction score
I have a 2023 ram 3500 4x4 crew cab 6.4L. GVWR is 11,400 lbs. what are the thoughts on exceeding this by 500 or 1000 lbs? Thanks

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Full send, just don’t exceed your axle ratings or tire ratings.

GVWR isn’t a legal rating for private use in many states. Axle and tire ratings are.

Billcf7

Reaction score
Can you prove that there are no sensors in the computers to detect payload and load put on transmission. GM and FORD have it, the only difference is they publish it.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Can you prove that there are no sensors in the computers to detect payload and load put on transmission. GM and FORD have it, the only difference is they publish it.
The only thing I can think of that could provide any data like that may be the air suspension trucks which can detect squat (for lack of a better term) angle and inflate the bags accordingly.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of that could provide any data like that may be the air suspension trucks which can detect squat (for lack of a better term) angle and inflate the bags accordingly.

Even then there are plenty of variables for actual weight.

Transmission load isn’t an accurate indicator of weight either.

Billcf7

Reaction score
I have a HaulGauge that plugs into the OBD and it has been very accurate for payload and GVWR

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The computers have no data logging otherwise the dealers would be able to check data logs to fix intermittent issues.

Users who are viewing this thread