Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got some mud on the tires

chas0218

Reaction score
Well last night was my first recovery attempt with my new truck. It didn't really go as planned for any of us. 1 thing I won't forget from here on out is turning off the traction and stability control. My old truck didn't have all that fancy stuff and that's what screwed me from the start. I forgot to turn it off when I tried to bumped my buddy out and once I started to spin the truck killed all the power and I couldn't clean out the tires. I won't bore you all with the details but I'm a high school shop teacher and a few of my current students and graduated students came to help out after I buried my truck trying to get buddy out. We managed to get all the new HD trucks stuck and the little 08 dakota with 1/2 gone road tires put in the work and pulled all of us out. Here are a few clips of the night.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Hahaha. Nothing worse/ funnier than situations like that where all the big stuff is stuck and here comes Mr Small Truck Hero. In all my years of driving, traction control has given me way more problems driving than helping out! Especially in the snow and anytime offroad.

John Jensen

Reaction score
That's exactly why I modded my Ram trucks to disable the ESC & TCS systems with a garage door switch or Aux switch.

chas0218

Reaction score
Hahaha. Nothing worse/ funnier than situations like that where all the big stuff is stuck and here comes Mr Small Truck Hero. In all my years of driving, traction control has given me way more problems driving than helping out! Especially in the snow and anytime offroad.
Yeah, we were all pretty shocked. Only thing we could figure is he wasn't sinking from being so light. All the HD's were 7800lbs.+ where that little dakota probably doesn't break 4500lbs. Either way it was a good time and there was a lot of ball busting from the kid with the Dakota. Pretty sure we aren't going to live that one down.
That's exactly why I modded my Ram trucks to disable the ESC & TCS systems with a garage door switch or Aux switch.
Once I disabled it the truck did well in the mud but it definitely didn't help me in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread