Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny pics and Memes thread - keep it clean

rossagge

Reaction score
I’ve heard rumors of old vehicles that were opposite hand threads on the other side of the vehicle but I assume this image is just mirrored
If it's an older foreign vehicle, more than likely yes. Drove a truck in AFG called Great Wall Deer. It is Chinese. Right side lugs, clockwise to tighten. Left side lugs, counter- clockwise to tighten. One of our guys got his nickname from trying changing a tire on the left side. Sheared a lug right off. Hence his nickname "Lug". Strong dude.

Didn't realize it was a badged engineered Toyo Hilux. Always thought it looked like aToyo. Makes sense now. She didn't hold up like a Toyo.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Let's hope that's LH threads. Didn't they used to do that on a lot of HD trucks?
Yes, from 3/4T pickups up to big rigs, and not that long ago.

A few years ago I sold my Dad's old 3/4T Ford to a guy I worked with. He hadn't much more than got it home and his big brother wanted to take it somewhere. Well somewhere along the way he had a flat tire on the driver's side. So he jacked it up and proceeded to "loosen" the lug nuts. This guy was a walking talking 'roid freak. I don't know how many of the lugs he twisted off by hand before he gave up and called little brother bitching about how tight the lug nuts were. Little brother showed up and said "You dumbass, those are left hand threads!" That was either an '82 of '84 model.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve heard rumors of old vehicles that were opposite hand threads on the other side of the vehicle but I assume this image is just mirrored
I thought so too at first, but the badging kinda made me think LH.

P.S. If it's a loosening that's going on there, "can't be tight if it's liquid."

Users who are viewing this thread