Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel spout protection

MikeXM

Reaction score
GG-EZTETHER on my order but I could not find it either.

Sent from my work avoidance device
You're right. I can see on google traces of it. Priced at $6 and even pictures of it. But it is gone from the website. Strange.

flan

Reaction score
I got distracted at the pump last week and left my genos locking fuel cap on the bedrail of my truck and now she’s gone :( if anyone in maine finds it I’ll pay the shipping cost home lol!

carlrx7

Reaction score
I got distracted at the pump last week and left my genos locking fuel cap on the bedrail of my truck and now she’s gone :( if anyone in maine finds it I’ll pay the shipping cost home lol!

Mine has a magnet and it is strong enough to stick to the inside of the fuel lid.

TexasAg2012

Reaction score
I got the non-locking version of the Geno's fuel cap last week and it’s been great. Fits and works just like it should. The magnet on it is a nice touch. It looks like Ram/Mopar came out with one as an accessory. And I’m not talking about that cheesy plastic piece with a foam plug. It looks different than that from the one picture I’ve seen. Anyone have any experience with the Ram/Mopar version?

2Many12Valves

Reaction score
I cannot believe that these trucks come without a fuel cap!!!
for sure the dusty conditions that we work in dust will collect around the inlet flapper then enter the fuel system.....
FCA will end up paying for this in the long run, I am sure some trucks will lose there fuel system over this and all of the money they saved will go out the window. I type this while I’m watching a commercial of a ram truck driving through a sand dune LOL

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
for sure the dusty conditions that we work in dust will collect around the inlet flapper then enter the fuel system.....
FCA will end up paying for this in the long run, I am sure some trucks will lose there fuel system over this and all of the money they saved will go out the window. I type this while I’m watching a commercial of a ram truck driving through a sand dune LOL
Ford has been doing it since 2013 never a problem besides these fuel doors have a rubber gasket mine stays clean inside....

John Jensen

Reaction score
I think you are crying wolf when there is no problem.

2Many12Valves

Reaction score
I think you are crying wolf when there is no problem.
no crying wolf here this is my opinion and That’s how I feel... just look at all of the people that purchased a fuel cap on this thread, The way I work my trucks dirt will accumulate around the fuel spout.
John didn’t your mom tell you don’t be silly wrap your Willy... unprotected fuel transfer is dangerous for the health of your truck!

John Jensen

Reaction score
no crying wolf here this is my opinion and That’s how I feel... just look at all of the people that purchased a fuel cap on this thread, The way I work my trucks dirt will accumulate around the fuel spout.
John didn’t your mom tell you don’t be silly wrap your Willy... unprotected fuel transfer is dangerous for the health of your truck!
I have locking DEF and Fuel caps on my 1500 Eco and my 2020 Cummins. Not because I'm worried about contamination, because, like you, I can't get over my years of having capped fuel inlets.

My post was just to point out I have never heard of or read about a problem with a capless inlet in either Ford or Ram trucks. They are adequately closed by a different system than we are not used to. Yes, the forums show many owners purchase caps. However, I'd bet a nickel their total is only 1 or 2 % of the total capless trucks on the road

Last edited:

2Many12Valves

Reaction score
I don’t need to read or hear about somebody else having a problem before I prevent one from happening.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
That gasket around the fuel door sucks! I drive on gravel roads and my cap and cavity is layered in dust. Dust can be small enough you can’t see it . I for one don’t want to feed my bomb stuck on the side of my motor.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I don’t need to read or hear about somebody else having a problem before I prevent one from happening.
Lmao the possible contaminates you could get from a capless system are nothing in comparison the crap that ends up in the tank from the fuel station thats why you have fuel filters

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That gasket around the fuel door sucks! I drive on gravel roads and my cap and cavity is layered in dust. Dust can be small enough you can’t see it . I for one don’t want to feed my bomb stuck on the side of my motor.
I do tons of gravel roads mine is pretty much spotless perhaps some don't seal as well as others? Even washing my truck i can spray water right at the fuel door and it does not get in there

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Even if it came with them it wouldn't be locking.

I still would have bought my Geno's locking caps and done it right.

Xflight29

Reaction score
Ford really pioneered cap less fuel fillers on there explorer. Auto makers thought it was a good idea not to have gas smell on your hands also harder to siphoning out your gas from a mechanisms in the fuel filler neck. one good thing on not having a twist off fuel cap , is not worrying about not getting it on tight causing the dash light to appear.

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
With all these Cp4 issues maybe(contributing factor) bad gas is leaking fuel door?..... i have the magnetic cover on mine but i will tell you i can not read "diesel" on cap when i open door its so dusty. If i lived in a wet area why wouldnt that be water??? There is nowhere for anything to go but into your tank once it hits that spout!

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
With all these Cp4 issues maybe(contributing factor) bad gas is leaking fuel door?..... i have the magnetic cover on mine but i will tell you i can not read "diesel" on cap when i open door its so dusty. If i lived in a wet area why wouldnt that be water??? There is nowhere for anything to go but into your tank once it hits that spout!

I think there might be a drain in the filler neck just above the funnel/anti-syphon flapper.

Users who are viewing this thread