Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front camera

Lbjjbj

Reaction score
Neither of these options work on my 23 PW, even though I've selected both in settings. Will check it out via WiTEch later today and see if I can find anything.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Neither of these options work on my 23 PW, even though I've selected both in settings. Will check it out via WiTEch later today and see if I can find anything.
Curious to hear what you find. I haven’t had time to go to the dealer yet and have them look at it.

Lbjjbj

Reaction score
Curious to hear what you find. I haven’t had time to go to the dealer yet and have them look at it.
WiTEch was of no help. The camera, Blindspot, and parking sensors all tested fine, there isn't an actuator to test the "turn camera on when turn signal is on" function, but all tested fine in their own vacuum. All modules up to date, no software update available. Not sure what the issue could be.

jsalbre

Reaction score
WiTEch was of no help. The camera, Blindspot, and parking sensors all tested fine, there isn't an actuator to test the "turn camera on when turn signal is on" function, but all tested fine in their own vacuum. All modules up to date, no software update available. Not sure what the issue could be.
I guess that’s good, but I was almost hoping you’d finger something wrong so we’d have a better idea.

Oh, one note on the parking sensor camera activation: mine doesn’t turn on until the sensors start beeping. Closer than I’d prefer, but better than nothing suppose.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Alright, so I did a bunch of testing, and I do have the turn signal activated blind spot view working. I don’t have front park sense, so I can’t test the front camera activation.
Here’s what I have, and what I did:
- 2017 Ram 2500 with 2022 BCM, 2022 UC5 radio, and 2022 CVPM.
- I updated the radio software to MY23 T25.48, which made me have to change the model year in the BCM to 2023 in order for certain things to work properly.
- I took liberty with all of your VINs from the spreadsheet, used wiTECH to restore my bench BCM to each of your VINs so I could retrieve your BCM backup files with AlfaOBD. (This is with exception to @COWash VIN in the spreadsheet, because I believe you don’t have that truck?).
- CustSetMenu 3 in AlfaOBD is where these features take place.
I took each one of your CustSetMenu 3 message ID bytes and spoofed them to my radio with the arduino, and the blind spot turn signal activation works for each of your configurations. (Front camera with park sense setting shows up too, but can’t test it).

I am using the “ON” setting for the feature, and this is with the truck idling, in drive, foot on brake, with right turn signal activated:
BFFB8350-5389-4BC7-B928-83D1C5930D88.jpeg
A5B5DF7A-257E-47A7-B70B-6882FE3E992E.jpeg

Since I’ve got a different radio module, BCM, and CVPM than all of you, and it works for me with each of your configurations, I have to think it’s some issue or glitch with the radio software for those of you that can’t get it to work.
Are all of you on radio build version T25.48?

mountainears

Reaction score
I don’t want to sidetrack your great work but are you saying that it may be possible to enable turn signal activated camera views on 2022 or other years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I don’t want to sidetrack your great work but are you saying that it may be possible to enable turn signal activated camera views on 2022 or other years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but it has to be a UC5 radio with T25.48, a 2022 CVPM, and something like an arduino between the radio spoofing messages.

Lbjjbj

Reaction score
my 23 software is T25.48 and neither features work for me

pizzatots

Reaction score
My ‘23 has both options on, but only the sensors bring the camera up. Blind spot cameras don’t activate.

Lbjjbj

Reaction score
I guess that’s good, but I was almost hoping you’d finger something wrong so we’d have a better idea.

Oh, one note on the parking sensor camera activation: mine doesn’t turn on until the sensors start beeping. Closer than I’d prefer, but better than nothing suppose.
Got my front camera to turn on when the beeping started, would like it to be sooner as it doesn't beep until you get really close.

Lbjjbj

Reaction score
im here too! our trucks were built around the same time too.
Who's gonna be the sacrificial lamb and take it to the dealer? My dealer guy said if nothing looks off in WiTech to try and relearn some modules.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Who's gonna be the sacrificial lamb and take it to the dealer? My dealer guy said if nothing looks off in WiTech to try and relearn some modules.

I feel like this might be a uconnect SW update then?

jsalbre

Reaction score
I am also on T25.48. Interesting that it works for you with our configs. Have you done any comparisons of the configs you downloaded vs the configs pulled of the trucks?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Have you done any comparisons of the configs you downloaded vs the configs pulled off the trucks?
I haven’t compared the entire BCM configurations with each other because I was only concerned about the CustSetMenu 3 settings, since those are the only settings that make those features work.
When you create a backup file with AlfaOBD, what you are seeing is all of the message ID’s for each group of settings (VehConfig 1, VehConfig 2, CustSetMenu 1, etc), followed by all the bytes for how the settings are set.
That backup file is exactly the same as the one that the wiTECH server uses when the dealer restores the configuration to the BCM.

In my case, I only changed the bytes in my CustSetMenu 3 section to match yours exactly, but my BCM isn’t capable of broadcasting some of those bytes, so I had to spoof them.
Here’s an example. In your backup file, you’ll notice a line item that shows 62014E88D040CF80000170

62 means to read the request code. 014E is the CustSetMenu 3 section. The rest are the 8 bytes containing all of the actual settings within CustSetMenu 3. For example, the last two digits (70) means that tire fill alert, power side step, and trailer length blind spot are all set to yes, and the other 5 settings in that byte are set to no.
Somewhere in the section “D040CF80” are the two camera settings talked about in this thread.
I can change those values in my backup file, and restore my BCM with them, and they will be read as such, but when I put a can logger on my BCM, it is still broadcasting all zeros for those bytes (all of those settings set to no), hence the reason I have to spoof them with an arduino.

But, even though a few of your bytes in that section are a little different between all of your configurations, I can spoof each of yours on my truck, and the turn cameras work with any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread