Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frequent Regen 2020 6.7

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
I've never seen any type of gauge display that says my last 3 trucks are in regen. Does anybody have a picture of that? I tow heavy and live in tne mountains in E TN. I've never seen a temp change in the gauges. I do however know that it must go into regen. When it does I get a wiff of that airport JP5 burnt jet fuel smell, and I do know that smell after 20 in the Military. That's it. This is on my three 4th gen pickups I've owned.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I've never seen any type of gauge display that says my last 3 trucks are in regen. Does anybody have a picture of that? I tow heavy and live in tne mountains in E TN. I've never seen a temp change in the gauges. I do however know that it must go into regen. When it does I get a wiff of that airport JP5 burnt jet fuel smell, and I do know that smell after 20 in the Military. That's it. This is on my three 4th gen pickups I've owned.

The gauge is only on the 19+ trucks and as far as temps, you'd need an aftermarket monitor to see t he EGTs that's the only thing that goes up

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
The gauge is only on the 19+ trucks and as far as temps, you'd need an aftermarket monitor to see t he EGTs that's the only thing that goes up

Ok, so my 14 and 15 didn't have it. But my 21 should. Don't see it.

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
With the exception of the 1st 500 miles, my truck was hooked up to a 10k+ trailer. Now that I won't be towing for awhile I may see it.

Will_T

Reaction score
Need to scroll through the menus on your dash display to find it.

This is correct. I am not at my truck and use a Banks iDash that tells me if regen is "on" or "off", so I am not sure what screen it is on but it is in there. I have seen it when scrolling through.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have never seen any type of message saying in Regen. Mine just does its thing. mostly highway driving

Aketay

Reaction score
I got so used to seeing it, not any more.

Attachments

• 2283BDED-076A-479C-87C9-159BD6639FBF.png
    2283BDED-076A-479C-87C9-159BD6639FBF.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 53

flan

Reaction score
Need to be on the DPF gage screen while it’s doing its thing. It will read automatic exhaust regeneration in progress. Once it’s done it will return to showing the DPF restriction gage. Mine typically last 15-25 miles depending how the truck has been used (towing/non towing). Expect one at or very close to 24hr engine run time intervals. You can also find that value by scrolling through your EVIC.

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
Need to be on the DPF gage screen while it’s doing its thing. It will read automatic exhaust regeneration in progress. Once it’s done it will return to showing the DPF restriction gage. Mine typically last 15-25 miles depending how the truck has been used (towing/non towing). Expect one at or very close to 24hr engine run time intervals. You can also find that value by scrolling through your EVIC.
Thanks. Learn something every day.
I reckon since all my 4th gens past and present got worked they didn't really need it. I live 34 miles from town in the mountains with some highway sections with a 55 mph speed limit, so it's probably the perfect scenario to keep it from going into regen often. Now that towing season is over for me I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks again, and to everybody else that has explained this.

malonerory

Reaction score
Here is my situation. 2019 Ram 2500 with a 6.7. CP4 blew up in January of 2022 with around 35000 miles. I have had the truck since new and use it for work so it get used like a diesel should. Prior to the CP4 blowing up I around 1500-2000 miles per regen. It took the dealer a full month to figure out what they were going to do because the recall had just been issued and there was no guidance on a fix. In the end, a CP3 was installed and BCM was reprogrammed with whatever update they deemed necessary. After getting the truck back I noticed fuel economy decreased due to increased regen cycles. I am averaging 160 miles between regen in the same work conditions. Mileage before was around 17, not I am at 10. I am wondering if any of you have experienced anything similar. Dealer has no idea what is going on. I have had it back to them 3 times since the CP3 was installed. This is all documented through their STAR program (no idea what that is) and this time a STAR software engineer is being tasked with looking into the truck.

Aketay

Reaction score
From experience, check your air filter and only replace with Mopar filter. If problem persists check your intercooler lines for leaks. 19’s would wear a hole in the tube where a cable crosses over the rubber under the big plastic tube that feeds the turbo.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Here is my situation. 2019 Ram 2500 with a 6.7. CP4 blew up in January of 2022 with around 35000 miles. I have had the truck since new and use it for work so it get used like a diesel should. Prior to the CP4 blowing up I around 1500-2000 miles per regen. It took the dealer a full month to figure out what they were going to do because the recall had just been issued and there was no guidance on a fix. In the end, a CP3 was installed and BCM was reprogrammed with whatever update they deemed necessary. After getting the truck back I noticed fuel economy decreased due to increased regen cycles. I am averaging 160 miles between regen in the same work conditions. Mileage before was around 17, not I am at 10. I am wondering if any of you have experienced anything similar. Dealer has no idea what is going on. I have had it back to them 3 times since the CP3 was installed. This is all documented through their STAR program (no idea what that is) and this time a STAR software engineer is being tasked with looking into the truck.
oh, wow! This is horrible! Hope they figure it out.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Makes one wonder if this may be part of the reason they suspended the Y78 recall parts availability for the 2019 trucks...

Users who are viewing this thread