Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those flying to Mark Dodge and staying the night

kvp

Reaction score
Hello all,
Wondering where to stay that has a shuttle from airport if arriving at night?
For those that have picked up at MD how long did the process take. Wondering on timing as I have a 22 hour drive home.
I'm guessing I'll be doing this in June. Ordered 12-11-21, have sticker and build sheet so getting closer.

Thanks, Kevin

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hello all,
For those that have picked up at MD how long did the process take. Wondering on timing as I have a 22 hour drive home.
I'm guessing I'll be doing this in June. Ordered 12-11-21, have sticker and build sheet so getting closer.

Thanks, Kevin
Call some of the local hotels in the area and ask about shuttle services…. Most that have shuttles are 24/7

Ctfontaine

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks, Kevin
I am confused, why are you thinking June if you already have a build sheet and sticker? I ordered with Mark Dodge on 12/27, it was built on 2/28 and arrived at the rail yard yesterday. They said up to 2 weeks from the yard to the dealer. You might want to check on it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I am confused, why are you thinking June if you already have a build sheet and sticker? I ordered with Mark Dodge on 12/27, it was built on 2/28 and arrived at the rail yard yesterday. They said up to 2 weeks from the yard to the dealer. You might want to check on it.
Really depends on what options ordered for lead times

Jsrunnlus

Reaction score
Since they are willing to pick up a customer at the airport or deliver the vehicle up to certain miles from the dealership, I can't imagine they would object to stopping by a hotel or bringing the vehicle to you there. While my truck did not come through their dealership, Sandi seemed pleasant enough to deal with.

JimKIII

Reaction score
I flew into New Orleans Int' and took a cab to a hotel in Metaire. The next day MD drove 3 1/2 hours to my hotel and picked me up and drove me back to the dealer. Excellent service!!

kvp

Reaction score
Wow, it may get there sooner than expected. Unfortunatly the flat bed I ordered for it may not show up till June. I ordered it from a place around the corner from MD so they could get it put on before I flew down.

Ctfontaine

Reaction score
So, just wondering how many of you are crazily checking your email every ten minutes hoping they say it’s in?

buzzuti

Reaction score
So, just wondering how many of you are crazily checking your email every ten minutes hoping they say it’s in?
Been there, and probably everyone on this forum to boot.

They usually text ya, so you can take three deep breathes and just keep your phone close!

Linked4door

Reaction score
I flew into NO, and stayed at the Hilton by the airport. Got in around 1am and the airport had a 24hr shuttle service that took me back to the hotel. Mark dodge had a driver meet me around 8am and the finial paperwork took less than 5 minutes. I did all the initial paperwork, down payment, skype meeting,, ect a week prior.

P.A.

Reaction score
Thinking of flying into HOU and having MD meet us somewhere around the airport. Then we will probably drive out of the Houston area and head North towards Oklahoma. Has anyone stayed a few hours North of Houston that you can recommend to stay for the night?

Also I read on here or somewhere that you shouldn't drive NEW trucks at faster speeds/highway speeds. Is this true? What about the person who drives my truck from dealership to meet us? It might be a looong drive back home!:eek:

Ctfontaine

Reaction score
Thinking of flying into HOU and having MD meet us somewhere around the airport. Then we will probably drive out of the Houston area and head North towards Oklahoma. Has anyone stayed a few hours North of Houston that you can recommend to stay for the night?

Also I read on here or somewhere that you shouldn't drive NEW trucks at faster speeds/highway speeds. Is this true? What about the person who drives my truck from dealership to meet us? It might be a looong drive back home!:eek:
If you are meeting them 10-2 there is an excellent BBQ joint across from the terminal at Hobby called Central Texas. Owners are great folks and they have great food.

mkmsr

Reaction score
Well the $100 dollar flight from Richmond to Lake Charles every Wednesday disappeared once fuel went through the roof. I just booked my flight for Wednesday at a cost of $489, getting in around 10:30pm and will just get an Uber to the Marriott and then to MD the next morning.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

tyler2you

Reaction score
Well the $100 dollar flight from Richmond to Lake Charles every Wednesday disappeared once fuel went through the roof. I just booked my flight for Wednesday at a cost of $489, getting in around 10:30pm and will just get an Uber to the Marriott and then to MD the next morning.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
My window sticker just posted on Friday and I'm actually thinking about just buying an airline ticket for 3 weeks from now to hedge my bets. American is currently allowing no cost changes for tickets purchased prior to March 31st. If it arrives at MD in time, it will save me around $200 not having to buy a last minute fare. Worst case, it doesn't make it in time and I have to change the ticket and pay the fare in effect at the time.

Jsrunnlus

Reaction score

You should be able to pull the owner's manual in a pdf version to check for any updates. The 6.4 used to be something along the lines of moderate driving the initial 60 miles then speeds of 50-55 mph are desirable up to 300 miles. Brief, wide open throttle stints while cruising are considered good. Wide open throttle in low gear is not advised. Don't tow the first 500 miles.

P.A.

Reaction score
You should be able to pull the owner's manual in a pdf version to check for any updates. The 6.4 used to be something along the lines of moderate driving the initial 60 miles then speeds of 50-55 mph are desirable up to 300 miles. Brief, wide open throttle stints while cruising are considered good. Wide open throttle in low gear is not advised. Don't tow the first 500 miles.
Helpful info. Thank you.

JimKIII

Reaction score

I flew to MD in Feb and drove the truck home 3,060 miles. I headed west on I-10 across Texas the first two days. See the page from the manual below. My first 300 miles were either in the right-hand lane of the interstate or cruising down side roads staying between 45-55 mph, It was actually kind of nice for a change not to be in a rush and I saw some cool sights when I wasn't on the freeway. At 250 miles I was getting restless to get up to full speed, but I contained myself and did the whole 300 miles as suggested. Now I have almost 5,000 miles on the truck and it hums along with absolutely no problems - not even the infamous hemi tick! (knock on wood).
1647982739570.png

P.A.

Reaction score
I flew to MD in Feb and drove the truck home 3,060 miles. I headed west on I-10 across Texas the first two days. See the page from the manual below. My first 300 miles were either in the right-hand lane of the interstate or cruising down side roads staying between 45-55 mph, It was actually kind of nice for a change not to be in a rush and I saw some cool sights when I wasn't on the freeway. At 250 miles I was getting restless to get up to full speed, but I contained myself and did the whole 300 miles as suggested. Now I have almost 5,000 miles on the truck and it hums along with absolutely no problems - not even the infamous hemi tick! (knock on wood).
View attachment 34403
Wow that's a long way!! Man this will make for a long drive back. We will only have about 450 miles. Thanks for the info. Enjoy that new truck! I can't wait for ours!!

AJ608

Reaction score
Looks like a tornado rolled through NO and really tore up some stuff. Not sure if that will affect people flying down there

Cseybert

Reaction score
Got a question for you guys that have picked up your vehicles from MD. How does the paint look do they wash them with the automatic car wash or pressure wash just curious. I ordered the pearl white and do not want a bunch of spider scratches or haze. Let me know thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread